Make a donation

Author Topic: 5 Dr more expensive/ hold value better than 3Dr?  (Read 12376 times)

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Re: 5 Dr more expensive/ hold value better than 3Dr?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 01:18:59 pm »
3 doors are loads better IMO. the 5 doors look dog awfull IMO, just hate it when u see a nice mk5 then realise its a 5 door.

my 3 door has loads of space, loads and loads of room in the back, im 6"3 and loads of room even with seat back. also loads of room for shagging in the back.

If you want a 5 door buy a mondeo. ;)

plus like to add, that as the driver its drivers rules for passenger seat to be the one to let people in and out. so never need to worry

Don't we have a wanker smiley?

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 4
  • Edition 30 No.1059 - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 01:37:45 pm »
3 doors are loads better IMO. the 5 doors look dog awfull IMO, just hate it when u see a nice mk5 then realise its a 5 door.

my 3 door has loads of space, loads and loads of room in the back, im 6"3 and loads of room even with seat back. also loads of room for shagging in the back.

plus like to add, that as the driver its drivers rules for passenger seat to be the one to let people in and out. so never need to worry

:signLOL:

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN - Edition30 No. 1059
Currently loving - SEAT Leon FR184 - sunroof, tech pack, 18" performance alloys, convenience and sound pack

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 01:41:53 pm »

....Will this do?:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=bgcfv317qh8gmm8bumfdf5hlim&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 01:51:54 pm »

Edition 30 - Race Course by Rich Wigley, on Flickr

Yeah youre right mano.... 5 doors look terrible.  :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 02:03:46 pm »
That looks terrible Rich, you need a 3 door  :wink:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=bgcfv317qh8gmm8bumfdf5hlim&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 02:05:25 pm »
That looks terrible Rich, you need a 3 door  :wink:

:signLOL:

My 2 previous cars were 3 door, and IMO (for what I need) 3drs are a PITA. I dont think ill go back to another 3 door unless its a 330D coupe.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 02:27:57 pm »
Yeah, my previous car, a BMW coupe, was a 2-door. I was considering a 3-door for the GTI but my daughter (only 14yo at the time) reminded me about the hassle and so I took her advice.

If you have something like a Porsche 911 or Lotus, then obviously that car doesn't need to be quite the allrounder that the Golf is and so you don't need the extra doors.

As already said, the Golf is still uncommonly very good looking as a 5-door. Both 3 and 5-door versions look great (for a true hatchback).

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2012, 02:31:11 pm »
IMO the 3 door looks better but not by much and the practicality of the 5 door would outweigh the looks if I had kids (or friends :wink:).
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2012, 02:31:37 pm »

:jumpmove:

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline GTI_UK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2012, 03:06:26 pm »

In fairness, with the child seat argument I would agree its not really anymore difficult with a three door as you can climb in.  But we've traded in my wifes 3 door polo for a 5 door because it just made sense.

Completely disagree. In fact if you have children I can’t possibly see how this argument can be put forward.

A small baby in a rear facing car seat is not the lightest thing so scrambling around contending against a half folded seat etc just doesn’t make sense. Similarly if you have a toddler you’d probably have to lift them into the car and again the same situation…

If you have a (well behaved) child old enough to simply jump into the back and belt themselves up and all you have to do it open the door and pull the seat forward THEN I can understand.

Bigger doors although useful if you’re in the middle of nowhere, are completely useless in the standard car park spaces where even 5 door, rear doors have problems opening to maximum.

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2012, 04:08:03 pm »
When you have a 3 or 4 yr. old fall asleep on a long journey home and you want to transfer them to their bed whilst asleep, I know which I prefer - 5 doors :jumpmove:

You try picking up a 'dead weight'. A 5 door has got to be easier on your back - less bending and twisting :booty:

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline jimojameso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2012, 04:18:34 pm »
Well the 3 door has 12bhp more and the doors are made of carbon where as on the 5 door there made of lead!!  :innocent:
2010 Audi TT RS - Sepang Blue - 420BHP, 600NM

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2012, 07:57:22 pm »

In fairness, with the child seat argument I would agree its not really anymore difficult with a three door as you can climb in.  But we've traded in my wifes 3 door polo for a 5 door because it just made sense.

Completely disagree. In fact if you have children I can’t possibly see how this argument can be put forward.

A small baby in a rear facing car seat is not the lightest thing so scrambling around contending against a half folded seat etc just doesn’t make sense. Similarly if you have a toddler you’d probably have to lift them into the car and again the same situation…

If you have a (well behaved) child old enough to simply jump into the back and belt themselves up and all you have to do it open the door and pull the seat forward THEN I can understand.

Bigger doors although useful if you’re in the middle of nowhere, are completely useless in the standard car park spaces where even 5 door, rear doors have problems opening to maximum.

I do have a child, in a car seat.  And therfore I am qualified to say that putting him in the back of a 3 door (using an isofix base) is pretty easy.  Putting the base itself in place is easier than a 5 door.  However everything else is easier in a 5 door.

Fundamentally I agree with you, 3 doors are sh*t.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline mano

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2012, 10:27:50 pm »
Nice intrest in my post :)  :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty:

Each to there own i say?

3 doors look better but as they say... 4 Doors for more hores.

Before some smart arse says 5 it doesnt have the same ring.  :driver: