Make a donation

Author Topic: My Bagged mk 5 Gti build thread  (Read 284179 times)

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: My Bagged mk 5 Gti build thread
« Reply #675 on: October 29, 2010, 03:22:04 pm »
i'm so up in the air with the project at the minute to be fair i properly enjoy the build even though it does stress me out and i have a lot of parts sat here to take it to another level, but i'm unsure if that level will be better or just a step sideways if that makes sence.

We will see i've had jonny c's ko4 sat here for about a year now lol i want to hybrid it (i read a thread on here about someone doing it) i also toyed with ideas like smoothing the bay etc but i just think i'll ruin the car with the ditching the creature comforts like air con etc and ruin the fun we have in it driving all over the place.

Does anyone have ay ideas they want to throw out in the open i'm all up for bouncing ideas  about if anyone thinks i could make it a little better just dont mention my whack rear brakes it's all in hand just didnt have time before the photo shoot ha ha.

I personally wouldnt put the KO4 turbo on the KO3 block, some will say its fine others would be like me and say no!

Its a hard one as ive stood infront of your car scratching my head and thinking, what else can he do! But then think that more isnt always better.....lol. What ever you do next then im sure itl be awesome as you clearly have an eye for design.  :happy2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #676 on: October 29, 2010, 03:49:00 pm »
really i thought it was a common upgrade to put this on a a gti? That was my next big move to get some more power out of it or am i pretty much at my limits now with the gti?

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #677 on: October 29, 2010, 04:36:48 pm »
depends if you want to go stage 2+ with it.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #678 on: October 29, 2010, 04:48:31 pm »
im already running stage 2+ mate well i think i am

Revo stage 2+
forge twinter cooler
blue flame down pipe sports cat
magnex cat back
forge twintakes
apr fuel pump

Whats next?

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #679 on: October 29, 2010, 04:51:34 pm »
i ment stage 2+ on the ko4 as its about 350bhp,

i was going to do the same and put a Ko4 on mine after i cracked the ko3, but then was advised that pistons may get bent. The edition 30 block has uprated internals over the ko3.

Im not the most nolidgeable on here! lol, but im sure somebody will be along soon to explain a little better than me  :signLOL:

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #680 on: October 29, 2010, 05:50:23 pm »
i ment stage 2+ on the ko4 as its about 350bhp,

i was going to do the same and put a Ko4 on mine after i cracked the ko3, but then was advised that pistons may get bent. The edition 30 block has uprated internals over the ko3.

Im not the most nolidgeable on here! lol, but im sure somebody will be along soon to explain a little better than me  :signLOL:

yes thats what i wouldnt mind doing 350+ bhp what would be the next things i need to do if anyone could help that would be cool?

would i need to change the internals then anyone got any links or anything on who to speak to what to do etc?

Offline rubber toe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #681 on: October 29, 2010, 07:49:16 pm »
Fantastic car in every way mate  :happy2:
Congrats on the trophies and features bud  :congrats:
I have been running my k04 converted k03 engine (350+) for a year now with absolutely no faults , and I drive the car hard more than regularly  :driver:
IMO I think its when you try and extract more power than k04 stage 2+ then you really need to start thinking of internals :smiley:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #682 on: October 29, 2010, 08:25:11 pm »
It's the possibility to make lots of low end torque that kills the rods not pistons, safe limit is about 440nm to 470nm but again depends how the torque curve is made by the software. I've been running my K04'ed k03 engine for a year and a half, no worries whatsoever  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #683 on: October 29, 2010, 09:45:32 pm »
think you should leave your car alone now and start on mine :signLOL:

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #684 on: October 29, 2010, 11:15:57 pm »
this is good lots of positive comments about k04ing  :laugh: :laugh: need more power now everything else is sorted on it ha ha. :rolleye: :rolleye:

Offline Raffe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #685 on: October 30, 2010, 09:06:43 am »
So nice to see people still put this level of time, skill and effort into modding cars...amazing :happy2:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #686 on: November 01, 2010, 08:51:49 am »
Countless amounts of people are running K04 turbo on a 'Ko3' bottom end.. Absolutely no issues there what so ever so long as the tune is safe.. Which Revo Stage 3 is..

Personally I wouldnt bother going hybrid on the K04.. For the cost the gains are marginal.. And I don't think anyone has managed to prove its any quicker than a well set up S2+ OEM K04 car yet either..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #687 on: November 02, 2010, 10:49:57 am »

Countless amounts of people are running K04 turbo on a 'Ko3' bottom end.. Absolutely no issues there what so ever so long as the tune is safe.. Which Revo Stage 3 is..

....Hmm, reading this makes me slightly regret not upgrading to K04 when my K03 broke. Still, I couldn't afford both the KW suspension and the K04 conversion at the time. I should be very happy with what I've got (and stop visiting this forum!).

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #688 on: November 02, 2010, 12:21:44 pm »

....Hmm, reading this makes me slightly regret not upgrading to K04 when my K03 broke. Still, I couldn't afford both the KW suspension and the K04 conversion at the time. I should be very happy with what I've got (and stop visiting this forum!).

Not much in fitting the K04, Turbo, injectors and DV relocation, I can PM you the partnumbers if you like??  :smiley:     :evilgrin:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #689 on: November 02, 2010, 12:58:24 pm »
Personally I wouldnt bother going hybrid on the K04.. For the cost the gains are marginal.. And I don't think anyone has managed to prove its any quicker than a well set up S2+ OEM K04 car yet either..

Wait and see Mr C.  I have done a different hybrid to the likes of TD/TT etc using a different comp wheel.  It may turn out to be sh*te, or it could be awesome!  :P
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook