Make a donation

Author Topic: Should they bring back hanging  (Read 10368 times)

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
Re: Should they bring back hanging
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 12:47:43 am »
Eye for an Eye, very much agree.

Murderers and paedophiles should be shot in the head (this way their blood and organs can be immediately removed and put to good use for those who need them), Rapists castrated (Not chemically, I mean physically!, even go as far as saying lop off his nob, leave him half an inch so he can piss but thats it! ) and car thieves should be strapped in an old banger and driven off the end of a cliff.

Known gang members/troublemakers should be forced to wear a shock collar (Tazer) around their necks that knock them out if they leave the house outside curfews.

And problem kids should be dealt with like in Singapore (Violence/Graffiti/drugs/criminal damage etc) they should get whipped with a split bamboo cane a dozen times.

Would soon bring crime levels down.

Drink drivers, not sure what to do with them, perhaps buy them a bus pass, maybe that would be punishment enough  :grin:

:signLOL:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 01:50:53 am »
Just because the law says you shall not kill, doesn't mean the law has the right to kill you if you disobey

What happens when you get the evidence wrong, there is no coming back from being dead, how many times have people been found guilty and then found that there was injustice and released

You have to be pretty sure that you are murdering the right person, not 99.% sure but 100% sure, not even DNA testing can give you that assurance

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 02:59:49 am »
Just because the law says you shall not kill, doesn't mean the law has the right to kill you if you disobey

What happens when you get the evidence wrong, there is no coming back from being dead, how many times have people been found guilty and then found that there was injustice and released
this is the aggrument why it will never be brought back..but there is a lot that should hang that are in prison

You have to be pretty sure that you are murdering the right person, not 99.% sure but 100% sure, not even DNA testing can give you that assurance

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 06:43:42 am »
Eye for an Eye, very much agree.

Murderers and paedophiles should be shot in the head (this way their blood and organs can be immediately removed and put to good use for those who need them), Rapists castrated (Not chemically, I mean physically!, even go as far as saying lop off his nob, leave him half an inch so he can piss but thats it! ) and car thieves should be strapped in an old banger and driven off the end of a cliff.

Known gang members/troublemakers should be forced to wear a shock collar (Tazer) around their necks that knock them out if they leave the house outside curfews.
And problem kids should be dealt with like in Singapore (Violence/Graffiti/drugs/criminal damage etc) they should get whipped with a split bamboo cane a dozen times.

Would soon bring crime levels down.

Drink drivers, not sure what to do with them, perhaps buy them a bus pass, maybe that would be punishment enough  :grin:

:congrats: I'd vote for you!!

Capital punishment is final and should only be for cases with no doubt involved and yes I can see how the wrong person can and will be excecuted wrongly. It should be used for 2 reasons straight away:-

1. Gets rid of people like Huntley, Hindley and Sutcliffe to name but a few scum we all know are guilty.
2. It's a deterrent
 :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 06:52:30 am »
Back up your claim that it's a deterrent. Come on, statistics...

Or was that a guess?

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 07:39:57 am »
Being honest I don't like anyone taking someones life it's such a precious thing to lose

Very true... so what punishment do you suggest? If i came to your house and shot a family member, what would a suitable punishment be for me?

What I am saying is I don't understand why anyone would take a persons life it's beyond me. An accident is something that can't be helped but to want to kill someone I can't get my head around it

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 08:14:00 am »

When I saw the thread title I thought you'd returned to your car in supermarket carpark to find a dent / scratch  :grin:

+1 with bells on  :grin:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 08:40:51 am »

I'd bring in hard labour in prisons. Strip all their TV's, playstations, Facebook access, and comfortable cells and make the cells like those in America with just an uncomfortable bed with one open wall of bars only. If I came to power, they'd work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day doing constructive work that the government could sell to make money to help pay our debts and reduce the burden on law abiding taxpayers.

Prisons are like holiday camps, so they become institutionalised very easily, and often go out and commit crime immediately because they actually want to get back in!
They can't lose, if they get away with the crimes, they make money, and if they get caught, it's back to Butlins!

Prisons should be cold, uncomfortable, boring and blo*dy hard work if they are to act as a deterent.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 09:26:42 am »

Or was that a guess?

OK, I'll help. There are no statistics that prove that capital punishment is a deterrent. In fact the murder rates of US states that enforce the death penalty are considerably higher than those that do not, and there are very few criminologists who think that abolishing the death penalty in these states would reduce the number of murders. There is no use thinking that it is a deterrent, it needs to be backed up by hard facts, which it isn't unfortunately.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 09:31:36 am »

Being honest I don't like anyone taking someones life it's such a precious thing to lose

Very true... so what punishment do you suggest? If i came to your house and shot a family member, what would a suitable punishment be for me?

....That's an easy one, Rich: Death by choking on your own scotch eggs. OR, Hedge and his special cloth and doubtless with Thor in attendance. Which would you choose? :evilgrin:

Good subject btw - This is what Random Chat for. Although it is a very emotive subject where total agreement can never be reached.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 09:33:04 am »
Think is not all America enforce the death penalty,Saudi would be a better example

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=5tb8sa4dta6il1ut2u4nrkrlqe&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 09:35:04 am »

Or was that a guess?

OK, I'll help. There are no statistics that prove that capital punishment is a deterrent. In fact the murder rates of US states that enforce the death penalty are considerably higher than those that do not, and there are very few criminologists who think that abolishing the death penalty in these states would reduce the number of murders. There is no use thinking that it is a deterrent, it needs to be backed up by hard facts, which it isn't unfortunately.

Im not so sure its about been a deterrent per se. For me, if someone murdered someone close to me, knowing that the murderer had had his life taken too would help bring closure. To know that the sub-human-sumbag-c*** would be released from prison after ~10-15 years would be a very bitter pill to swallow.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 09:35:16 am »
Now i know people got hanged that were innocent but with todays dna tests it is 99.9% proof

You answer your own argument. If DNA is 99.9% reliable there is still 0.01% of doubt. There can be no doubt.

Plus there are arguments that DNA can be manipulated, planted, or mishandled by the police. Take the Meredith Kercher case for example where DNA evidence was contaminated by sloppy Police work.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 09:36:27 am »
Think is not all America enforce the death penalty,Saudi would be a better example

Do you have statistics that prove it is a deterrent though? Without them it's an empty argument I'm afraid.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 09:40:39 am »
Now i know people got hanged that were innocent but with todays dna tests it is 99.9% proof

You answer your own argument. If DNA is 99.9% reliable there is still 0.01% of doubt. There can be no doubt.

Plus there are arguments that DNA can be manipulated, planted, or mishandled by the police. Take the Meredith Kercher case for example where DNA evidence was contaminated by sloppy Police work.
It's a double edge sword because you get the likes of the Yorkshire ripper etc who are proven guilty