Make a donation

Author Topic: Mobile Phone Handset Insurance  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: Mobile Phone Handset Insurance
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 07:09:18 pm »
Looking into Natwest Advantage Gold now, but in 2 minds about it. When I add it up it's a no brainier but for some reason still undecided

Do it mate  :happy2:

It is Def a No-Brainer.  :wink:

You can cancel the policy at any time (IIRC) not that u would want to.

Just look at what you get for £3 a week (thats the price of a pint)

ONE thing I will say is……When u call to give your phone details, the insurance group will ask you for a copy of the receipt for the phone and it must show the IMEI number. Now if you have an iPhone, Apple don't show this on their receipts.
So you have to ask Apple to send you confirmation that the phone is in your name showing the IMEI number as well.

Yeah is a bummer, but shouldn't take long to to.

I've got an imei number from when I had it replaced under warrenty iirc, will have to double check

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 08:45:26 pm »
Fellas, have I missed something?  :ashamed:

Most of you have referenced bank or building society accounts that include mobile phone insurance.
Is it not easy to find Mobile ins. away from the above providers? It's got to be hassle free and low cost so I won't be looking to open any new bank accounts with any associated charges.

The DanGB link is a good spot and you should look at it. When you do you will see that as a stand alone product it's expensive in its own right. I think thats why most people are suggesting you pay a little bit extra - for the bundled products - and you get real VFM. I think most of us have a need for some of the bundled services e.g travel Ins, breakdown cover etc with these accounts.

Don't get shortsighted and look for the cheapest, look for value

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 11:28:51 am »
if its an s2 you can pick those up pretty cheap these days anyway so cant see it being a high band

Not found them below £350 sim free online which is a lot of handset to loose on a night out, hence the insurance query  :happy2:

Seen them going for better than that Ed? Please share if so.

Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 04:14:48 pm »
I bank with LloydsTSB and have the platinum account which provides mobile phone insurance, free overdraft, worldwide travel insurance and full breakdown cover, it costs me £9pm but should be £18pm.

Same as!!  :happy2:

I pay more than that,  no fair!!!  :sad1:

Am with Lloyds bank so have the Platinum Account. This also comes with the ID aware (very good service) which is usually £6.99 a month. Free overdraft, saving £5.00 a month. Travel insurance (which covers me and the Mrs) saves us approx' £10-£15 a month. Phone insurance saves around £7 a month. Card protection (for mine and my wife's cards) saves around £5-£10 a month. Not forgetting Full AA Breakdown service with Homestart, saving £169 a year.  There's a load of other little things you get as well on the banking side. The AA cover alone pays for everything else.
 :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 02:11:21 pm »
These guys look to offer adequate over for what I'm looking for, option 2 that is (Lite - £44.99 for the year). Damage and theft are essentially what I need to be covered.

http://www.insurance2go.co.uk/mobile-phone-insurance

Just short of £50 a year with sensible excesses (should I claim) looks okay on paper. Also avoids the hassle of extra bank accounts.
Any reasons not to?

Ta.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door