Make a donation

Author Topic: Part numbers of terminals  (Read 974 times)

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Part numbers of terminals
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:41:39 pm »
I am hoping somebody can help me out here. I am in the process of changing to the Mk6 climate panel, but on changing pin 16 to 20, I realised the terminal on pin 20 is rather different to that on pin 16.

After a couple of hours searching, I am non the wiser. Probably due to my sucky searching skills.

I am looking for the part number of the terminal that is on pin 20 going into the back of the climate panel. If anyone has done this and knows the part number, please let me know.

Here is a pic:

Thanks

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Part numbers of terminals
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 08:55:27 am »
Ok, anybody point me in the direction of where to get info about terminals used in the MK5?

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:13:18 pm »
cut the wire on the pin 20 and solder to the cut wire on pin 16
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 08:22:41 pm »
Thanks Eddie. Yeah I wanted to do it as OEM as possible so ended up going down to VW with photos and they sorted me out with the correct repair wires. Seems they don't sell the terminals on their own.