Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS 510 Outputs  (Read 8079 times)

Offline SI-R32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
Re: RNS 510 Outputs
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 09:02:24 pm »
2 extra cables (power) for what??

Yes I have seen the AV out option.

You have a reverse camera fitted as well - did they use the same input on the RNS? what did you do?

You will see my other post - having seroius power drain issues as well - if I add these on at the moment I doubt my car will even start lol

the 2 extra cables are to power the monitors, always good to totally plan ahead for the whole install.

as we've talked about before yes the camera in and the monitors out use the same socket on the 510 but if you decided to fit these you would have 2 plugs needing to go into one socket, that's why you remove the 5 wires/pins from the camera plug and put them in the empty holes that the monitor out unit plug, hence your combining 2 separate plugs into 1 to fit into the socket.

why are you having power drain issues is your car before an 07?? and you have installed the 510 without updating the gateway?
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 09:14:46 pm »
Doh!! Forgot about the power - are these linked into the head units power supply? or seperate?

Excuse the silly question < Power lead, does the not depend on what monitor(s) you have?

I have a 2004 - with a newer Canbus - it sure why its dying, currently investigating  :sad1:
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 09:21:47 pm »
how new is the can bus/ what letter/s are on the end on the part number.

your right that possibly the monitors would run off a small power module but it still needs 12v if it came to it you could cable tie any power module under the seat out the way, as long as its got 12v there your good. you would need to pick the 12v up from an ignition supply as the stereo has permanent and gets switched on by the can bus

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 09:56:05 pm »
Will check my Can tomorrow, pretty sure its an AB or something like that.

STEREO has a permanent and gets switched on by the canbus << Is this what caused battery drain??? do you think mine is NOT switched off??? this is just a thought? is this a tick box in VCDS???
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 08:31:50 pm »
Hello Jonny

well tonight i finally got round to another test as i found the setting to turn on the dvd output, its in the tone menu, didn't think of looking in that menu as you would think it would be in media or video??

anyway all works well after all, dvd playing on external tv while anything else plays on the 510, really happy now :)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 09:50:06 pm »
Wicked - glad to hear it!!

What cable(s) have you used for the 12v power to the monitors?