Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 340438 times)

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #255 on: August 29, 2012, 08:17:42 pm »
The other offer alot of dealers do is they give you a car and you have to insure it.

Dmac did you approach they dealer about the panel gaps?

Offline stow dubbers

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: August 29, 2012, 08:40:57 pm »

I would pay the £10 and be gratefully they agreed to sort for free  :happy2:

.... x 2

An excess charge on any hire car is normal. As you only expect to use the courtesy car for a day or two maximum it's a form of insurance for yourself against the £1,000 risk.

The VW dealer has to insure their courtesy cars and all this is just so everyone is covered. It's nothing sinister nor is it taking advantage of you.

The dealer has told me they would want my car for up to 10 days..... in my book that's £100 out of my pocket....!!!!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #257 on: August 29, 2012, 10:04:39 pm »

The dealer has told me they would want my car for up to 10 days..... in my book that's £100 out of my pocket....!!!!

.....Whaaaat!!? That's taking the piss! It's a job which can easily be prep'd and painted within a day and then just needs 24hrs max to cure. Something is wrong there.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Saintsteve

« Reply #258 on: August 30, 2012, 12:42:28 pm »

.....Whaaaat!!? That's taking the piss! It's a job which can easily be prep'd and painted within a day and then just needs 24hrs max to cure. Something is wrong there.

It's quite possible, that the actual dealership don't do the repair, and send it elsewhere. My local VW dealer sends all their body repairs 30 miles away to Bognor Regis to their own Peter Cooper Body shop well away from the dealers. I would except a least a week in any case of body repairs.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #259 on: August 30, 2012, 01:07:11 pm »

It's quite possible, that the actual dealership don't do the repair, and send it elsewhere. My local VW dealer sends all their body repairs 30 miles away to Bognor Regis to their own Peter Cooper Body shop well away from the dealers. I would except a least a week in any case of body repairs.

....I see your point, Steve, and I forget that not all VW dealers have their bodyshop on the same site, as mine do. But allow half a day to transport to bodyshop or even for owner to deliver it at the bodyshop himself... Plus a full day for the work... Be generous and even allow the whole of another day to cure the paint... Plus another half day for return to dealer ready for customer collection. That only totals 4 days, nowhere near 10!

IMO, 10 days and consequently 10x£10 loan car insurance simply doesn't strike me as acceptable. As the work itself is FOC it's just a matter of temporary loss of use of your favourite car, but the £100 extra is hard to stomach. Perhaps it's worth the risk of the £1,000 excess. Btw, my dealer charges £250 excess on an otherwise free loaner.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #260 on: September 02, 2012, 07:24:31 pm »
The other offer alot of dealers do is they give you a car and you have to insure it.

Dmac did you approach they dealer about the panel gaps?

No Nodz , after looking at them again , I;m not going to bother. I think it was an overreaction on my part really , I havent measured them but I'm guessing theres 2 mm difference at most! Also after 2 coats of Autoglym (and even after a wash) those swirls/marks on the side of the car seem to have vanished - could it just be polish that wasnt propperly buffed off?? I'm baffled because when I first saw it I was horrified!
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2012, 07:27:32 pm »

I would pay the £10 and be gratefully they agreed to sort for free  :happy2:

.... x 2

An excess charge on any hire car is normal. As you only expect to use the courtesy car for a day or two maximum it's a form of insurance for yourself against the £1,000 risk.

The VW dealer has to insure their courtesy cars and all this is just so everyone is covered. It's nothing sinister nor is it taking advantage of you.

And yet I got a brand new 12 plate Edition 35 for a week when I got mine done and all I did was let them photocopy my licence , it didnt cost me a penny.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #262 on: September 10, 2012, 09:04:26 pm »
Hey guys.
Could it be possible that my Revo got wiped off my car when it was in for warranty work? They put a new spoiler on the new tailgate so had to disconnect the electrics, but said it wouldn't affect the Revo... My car feels slower though, but maybe I'm just being paranoid...!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #263 on: September 10, 2012, 09:07:01 pm »
^^^^
Physically disconnecting the battery can override a remap. It can easily be restored but may cost you a ~£25 fee  :sad1:

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: September 10, 2012, 10:16:35 pm »
 :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Offline daz05

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #265 on: September 11, 2012, 09:03:51 pm »
Got my wings changed last week FOC at my local dealer, very pleased.

Wouldn't have known to ask if it wasn't for this forum, so thanks.
Black 5 door Mk5 GTI

Offline ashw831

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: September 11, 2012, 09:35:21 pm »
Took mine down to my local dealership today, just awaiting for them to get back to me to if I can have my wings done.

Good times, as soon as I said - can you please give me some info on the 12 yr warranty he immediately replied.. Been on the forums have you?? Mwhahahahahah love it!!

MPS

Re: Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #267 on: September 12, 2012, 09:22:49 am »
OH sh*t! We've been sprung!!!  :grin:

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:41:16 pm by MPS »

MPS

Re: Re: Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2012, 12:29:06 pm »
Got my wings changed last week FOC at my local dealer, very pleased.

Wouldn't have known to ask if it wasn't for this forum, so thanks.

I'm currently having my wings replaced, car due back Thursday. Do they give you any detail as to the work carried out? Like paperwork, etc?

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:40:42 pm by MPS »

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #269 on: September 12, 2012, 06:41:08 pm »
I didn't get any paper work after my wings were done. Don't really need anything though anyway.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition