Make a donation

Author Topic: Is stage2 ko3 worth it?!?!  (Read 2783 times)

Offline craig_t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 1
  • Craig
    • Email
Is stage2 ko3 worth it?!?!
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:47:09 pm »
Will going from a stage 1 with itg intake to a stage2 with intake and TBE be much different. I know it's been mentioned before but i am seriously considering going to stage2.
Admin notice, sig pic removed for being to big.

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Is stage2 ko3 worth it?!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 10:00:00 pm »
Yes but 2+ is even better.   :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:03:50 pm »
Stage 2 is a big improvement, you dont get a lot more power but it is the delivery that gets much better, the on off feel disappears and it becomes much more usable.  :happy2:

Offline Geoffcapes

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 09:31:56 am »
I m running a Apr stage 2 on my scirocco it seems to pull all my mods together. It delivers a nice smooth power delivery, over the stage 1.
Shadow blue Scirocco, Apr stage 2, bcs TBE, forge pipework, led DRLs , H & R lowering springs, custom front bumper, colour coded side skirts.

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 09:52:40 am »
oh hell yes!

torque and power delivery would be much improved!

Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 10:44:16 am »
Definitely worth it!

On Revo the difference between Stage 1 and 2 is not as big as between stock and Stage 1 but the intake (ITG in your case) will add power.

The downside is that you will probably need to go for an aftermarket fuel pump and the much more expensive APR is considered better than just fitting Autotech internals. Signs of needing to upgrade your HPFP are fuel cut-outs (nasty!) or hesitation/lag in the power delivery - Both very unnerving while in an overtake.

I am running Revo Stage 2 on a K03 with Forge Twintake and APR HPFP. I would not advise Stage 2+ on the K03 - There are folks here who have gone back to Stage 2 from 2+ and it stresses the car more. Stage 2 is fast enough. Spend some money on handling mods instead.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 10:51:11 am »
To add my tuppence, i am bloody well hoping that my custom R Tech Stage 1.5 map, along with TBE and Twintake produces much better results than what i currently have, Bluefin Stage 1? Getting the above mods all done in next 10 days!!  :driver:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:57:52 am »

To add my tuppence, i am bloody well hoping that my custom R Tech Stage 1.5 map, along with TBE and Twintake produces much better results than what i currently have, Bluefin Stage 1? Getting the above mods all done in next 10 days!!  :driver:

....It would be interesting to know if R-tech's Custom Stage 1.5 with TBE and Twintake combination, begs for the fuel pump upgrade. It's the much greater input of air to fuel that the Twintake delivers which highlights the potential problem. Probably also partly to do with Revo's mapping demands.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 11:06:50 am »
Oh i hope not Robin, all these babies costing me a kidney and a liver already!!! Just between us 2, how much is a decent HPFP??  :scared:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 11:14:58 am »

Oh i hope not Robin, all these babies costing me a kidney and a liver already!!! Just between us 2, how much is a decent HPFP??  :scared:

....While you don't have an aftermarket HPFP, Nick at R-tech I'm sure will be able to custom map to stop you needing one. On my Revo we (JKM) were able to reduce the Boost setting and then restore it after my APR was installed.

In rough ballpark figures I think the APR will cost the best part of £750 (I'd have to look it up) and the Autotech barely half of that (needs checking). If you have to go the Autotech route then I would recommend buying a completely new unused OEM VAG pump and fitting Autotech's internals in that. I wouldn't buy a used Autotech either. The APR = peace of mind and greater strength, that's why I waited before I could afford it. Well, I can't really afford it but that's another story! Such is the slippery slope of modding - It's a drug.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 11:16:01 am »
£600 Apr or £275 Autotech (Internals only and get them fitted by a garage)
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 11:21:22 am »

£600 Apr or £275 Autotech (Internals only and get them fitted by a garage)

....Cheers, Myles  :happy2:

I agree - Not a job to do at home on your drive or in the rain!

Also a good idea to check and renew your Cam Follower (only about 20 squid) while your pump is removed.

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 11:31:31 am »
well before i get these mods, i am having a new DV Rev D (cant find a G for love nor money), a new PCV, and a new cam follower, so hopefull (he says) i am covered for all eventualities!!??  :confused:

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 11:33:22 am »
I think I still have my revision G if your interested? i'd have to check at home first though but it was in good working condition before being removed  :happy2:

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 11:37:21 am »
Oh i see, are you on Rev D now then??