Make a donation

Author Topic: New Apple Macbook Pro with Retina display  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: New Apple Macbook Pro with Retina display
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 07:18:08 pm »
I have been thinking about this more and more, and I'm just unsure which way to go. I love the new MacBook, totally stunning piece of hardware. But for £2k I could have a Mac Mini sat under the TV, a 2nd iPad AND a MacBook air for portable laptop requirements.

With Logmein installed across the devices, iOS and OSX, if I needed to access something on the Mini, acting as my at home server, it would be a total doddle. Ahhhhhhh!

I'm currently Macless after selling my MBPS a while back, and have been waiting for the ivy bridge updates before purchasing. Does the above make sense to anyone?

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 12
    • Lone_Pars MK5 Diamond Black GTI
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 07:20:26 pm »
Yes mate. That's a similar set up to me, other than I have an iMac instead of the mini!!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 07:26:03 pm »
I really don't see the need in spunking big cash on it, UNLESS you need the power, in which case I'm sure a properly specced iMac will still be much faster, and cheaper.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 07:27:43 pm »
Can anyone tell me if OSX Lion Server allows 2 concurrent sessions via Logmein? Like Windows Server does?

Ifti

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 08:01:11 pm »
I have been thinking about this more and more, and I'm just unsure which way to go. I love the new MacBook, totally stunning piece of hardware. But for £2k I could have a Mac Mini sat under the TV, a 2nd iPad AND a MacBook air for portable laptop requirements.

With Logmein installed across the devices, iOS and OSX, if I needed to access something on the Mini, acting as my at home server, it would be a total doddle. Ahhhhhhh!

I'm currently Macless after selling my MBPS a while back, and have been waiting for the ivy bridge updates before purchasing. Does the above make sense to anyone?

I'm looking to do exactly the same.
I have my MacBook for any 'work'.

I'm also waiting for an updated Mac Mini to use as a HTPC and a general server for remote access (I'll be using Teamviwer instead of LogMeIn).

I've already bought my SSD, a second HDD, more RAM, and keyboard and mouse all ready to stick into the system and set it up as soon as it arrives!

I reckon it'll be a silent update, like the MacPro has been, in the next month or two......