Make a donation

Author Topic: Ecotune, Hillington.  (Read 3521 times)

Offline N13SCB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Ecotune, Hillington.
« on: June 12, 2012, 04:30:39 pm »
Has anyone ever had work done here?

Im looking to get the car mapped and this company has now been recommended by three or four friends of mine. Problem is, none of them have a golf.

The place is meant to have a state of the art rolling road with all mapping done on it, I am not sure what software he is using either?

Help would be great  :happy2:

Stu.

Slowly progressing. . .

Offline Bryan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Ecotune, Hillington.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:42:39 pm »
I had a map done there when i had my Astra VXR, there was no rolling road, just a guy with a laptop. I found the map very harsh, caused the car to overboost and misfire, couldnt cure it so had it taken back off. Very helpfull and cheap but i wont be going there with my golf.
Bryan
Forge Twintake. BCSautomotive turbo back exhaust with sports cat. Stage 2 remap. R32 rear lights and bumper. Team heko wind deflectors. mtec bulbs. Ed30 bbs wheels.  Eibach springs. Goodyear Eagle F1 asy2s. NQSBBK(330mm)

Offline N13SCB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:13:01 am »
Thanks mate, the exact thing has happened to me already, decision made  :happy2:

Cheers.

Slowly progressing. . .

Offline Nato

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 06:48:53 am »
Try Audi Vw repair centre, Bothwell 01698 850995. They do Custom code remaps, I've had two of my car's done by them and had no problems. :happy2:

Offline morry_ed30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 02:43:43 am »
Hi m8, is you're car standard or modified ? If so what performance mods have you done ? REVO software is the only way to go for the 2.0tfsi ! Anything else is a waste of money as far as I am concerned, and my car has had afew maps throughout its life! I can put you in touch with With a friend who is a REVO dealer, Let me know if you need any help deciding! Happy to help  :happy2: ps. I'm based in Glasgow

ecotuneuk

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 08:15:10 pm »
I had a map done there when i had my Astra VXR, there was no rolling road, just a guy with a laptop. I found the map very harsh, caused the car to overboost and misfire, couldnt cure it so had it taken back off. Very helpfull and cheap but i wont be going there with my golf.
Bryan

You sure this was Ecotune Bryan? We are fully set up with rolling road, tech2 diagnostics etc... generally if a VXR is misfiring it is as simple as the boost blowing the spark out... generally when they are serviced the plugs are not correctly gapped resulting in this behaviour. Fixed one just last week doing this very thing as the plug gap was 1.1mm when we set them to 0.7.

Best wishes,

Stan