Make a donation

Author Topic: DIY Cruise control  (Read 7446 times)

Offline zub-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
DIY Cruise control
« on: May 23, 2009, 11:13:19 am »
Guys,

Trying to install my cruise control to 2006 GTi.

Installed the stalk and had it coded however don't have a clue where additional black wire goes.

I know its between the control module and the ECU but what pins etc.

As per the http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Cruise_Control_Retrofitting_(1K)#Installation_.26_Wiring link.

I have the Slip Ring: 1K0-959-653-C with the midline trip computer, so unless i'm unfortunate enough to have the 1K0-953-549-BC module the wire should get it working....

Can someone please help.

All help very much appreciated.,

Z

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: DIY Cruise control
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 02:35:32 pm »
I will PM Nigel to take a look at this thread for you, he will definitely be able to help.   :happy2:

Offline NHN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 04:38:37 pm »
Sorry guys BT adsl was down in 85% of the Uk so only just seen, been doing some mods & wiring tidying up which need to finish 1st before rains, so I'll reply properly later.
VAGCOM GENUINE SELLER

Offline NHN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 08:14:01 pm »
I'll dig out the schematics from Elsa later as reinstalling desktop, but it does say the steering ecu pin on the RT wiki, check your steering ecu to see if that wire is already present, also on the A3 the wire goes to the area by the wiper motor/plenum because it is present from the main ecu to a connector under that area.

Here is some more info from an AS thread to read in meantime.

http://audi-sport.net/vb/showpost.php?p=574727&postcount=32

Didnt your cruise kit come with the full guide as most kits do have a guide which are usually very good or did you buy the loom seperately from the stalk & get stalk from VW?

Does the wire you have have the correct pins on the end or is it bare wire, also how long is this wire cause this would help determine if its same location of the A3, same platform so shouldnt be far of, but for sure when I get into Elsa later I can confirm this.
VAGCOM GENUINE SELLER

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 11:32:51 pm »
You only need the black/white wire for early cars (before late 05 normally).  It is fitted between the steering controller and the scuttle connectors.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 11:36:37 pm »
He hey the prodigal son returns  :laugh:
Where you been dude.  :smiley:

Offline NHN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 11:37:35 pm »
Same as the A3 then Stu, so it is you on MSN then mate.
VAGCOM GENUINE SELLER

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 11:49:10 pm »
Yeah I'm about for a couple of days Nige.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 11:50:23 pm »
Where you been dude.  :smiley:

Here there and bloody everywhere so for mate  :rolleye:
Stu...

Offline NHN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 12:05:09 am »
Well good to see you're about mate, send us an msn every now & then to say hi when you can
VAGCOM GENUINE SELLER

Offline zub-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 07:41:12 pm »
I'll dig out the schematics from Elsa later as reinstalling desktop, but it does say the steering ecu pin on the RT wiki, check your steering ecu to see if that wire is already present, also on the A3 the wire goes to the area by the wiper motor/plenum because it is present from the main ecu to a connector under that area.

Here is some more info from an AS thread to read in meantime.

http://audi-sport.net/vb/showpost.php?p=574727&postcount=32

Didnt your cruise kit come with the full guide as most kits do have a guide which are usually very good or did you buy the loom seperately from the stalk & get stalk from VW?

Does the wire you have have the correct pins on the end or is it bare wire, also how long is this wire cause this would help determine if its same location of the A3, same platform so shouldnt be far of, but for sure when I get into Elsa later I can confirm this.

Thank you very much for your reply..

Mine is a 55 plate car so should be OK,

I can't check the wire is currently there, but will get the technician who installed the stalk to check, he's also going to stick in another control module to see if that fixes the issue, but i don't want to have to go spending £130 for a control module when fitting the wire would have cured it.

The stalk came with a guide but the technician lost it when he was fitting the stalk, so now i don't have it... i'll see if i can get it back. The wire came in the kit with the stalk and instructions.

Yes, wire has the correct pins pre crimped on the ends. Its 89mm long

Thanks,

Z

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 09:46:56 pm »
If your car is GTi then I doubt you need a new controller.  Get your man to look for a Black/White wire on the back of the steering controller, IIRC it's pin 12 or 13 but I'd have to check, it matters not though as it's the only Black/White wire there.

If you don't have it then you'll need to run it.  Pop back and I'll dig out the pin locations for you.

If it's not the wire then I'd suggest it's a coding issue, how competant is your man?  Coding the TFSi is not like coding a TDi.
Stu...

Offline NHN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 10:50:23 pm »
The stalk came with a guide but the technician lost it when he was fitting the stalk, so now i don't have it..

That was helpful of him, lol.

Stu I dont have elsa up atm so if you could help I also would appreciate it mate as been stuck on something else & not had chance to reinstall, but I think further up the post there is a reference in the RT wiki to T20/13 as the pin on the steering module.

Other end I dont know without checking aswell when get elsa up, sorry will do asap unless Stu is able to beforehand.

Thanks.
VAGCOM GENUINE SELLER

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 11:14:10 pm »
Yes I have the details here -

T20a/13 on the steering controller.
T12d/04 on the scuttle connection. (Blue)
Stu...

Offline zub-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 05:26:08 pm »
Spot, on thanks,

After all that it turned out to be a coading issue !!!

So I have been cruise controlling around everywhere now !!

Thanks for all your help.. I'm sure this will help someone in the future.

Regards,

Z