Make a donation

Author Topic: Fitting Scirocco Diesel Clocks to a Mk5 diesel...can it be done?...  (Read 2677 times)

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
HI all...

I've got a set of diesel scirocco clocks on their way to me - part number 1K8 920 972 A...
i've already got fitted in my tdi a set of highline clocks, but i rather like the look of the scirocco clocks...lol.

I've already got a 3C0 937 049 AJ (30 byte highline) CECM module, and a AA index CAN gateway

I've got access to VAG commander which i used to do my original midline --> highline swap...

would it be the same procedure again and it would it even be possible at all?

would i get the needle sweep?!lol

cheers
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Re: Fitting Scirocco Diesel Clocks to a Mk5 diesel...can it be done?...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 07:50:38 am »
Are'nt the scirocco clock's the same as the MK6's or are they the one's that look like the MK5's but light up white?I'm sure somebody on one of the other forum's as manged to fit the 2008 white dial R32 clock's to his MK5,where are the VAG com expert's! :smiley:

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 08:24:34 am »
well, from the pictures i was shown of them 'working' these actually lit up red

the only physical difference that i could see was that the fuel/temp gauges were integrated to the rev/speedo gauges and a nice large central MFD...

plus i'm getting them at a stupidly low price.lol
GONE

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 10:39:08 am »
send kalu a pm

If you have your immo dump saved you can send him the scirocco clocks and email him the immo dump.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,38576.0.html

The only issue would be if the clocks are too new.
if the Highline part is red they are probably ok
if the highline part is white it may not be possible yet.

Kalu will know more about it
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline DarkSideJohn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 11:05:37 am »
Sorry for going slightly off topic but to the OP , where did you get your diesel highlines for your tdi from ?
Ive been wanting some for ages as the midline is just annoying , i want to go Highline + Polar FIS so desperately its unreal !
Its the little things that make me happy :P
'04 GT TDI 140 | Remapped | Cold Air Intake | WALK | TBE

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 11:46:46 am »
I got them from a breakers in Derby

if i can get the scirocco clocks working in mine then your more than welcome to my diesel highlines! they're a 971 part if remember right - came of a DSG car, been working beautifully for the last 18 months!

Eddie, i've got all my old dumps saved - the one from the midline clocks, the old one from the highline clocks, the new one that went into my highline clocks too. still got my vag commander so can make a new dump for him too.

gna wait until theyre in my hands and see if i can pull a dump off them and do the swap before asking Kalu

they're definitely red, i've seen them 'lit' - was kinda gutted actually, turns out the needle sweep is only on the white DIS!

Ali
GONE