Make a donation

Author Topic: Friday Mods - Part 2  (Read 2787 times)

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Friday Mods - Part 2
« on: May 23, 2009, 11:26:07 pm »
As posted earlier I did two mods to the Edition 30 on Friday, firstly the vinyl wrap  :smiley:

The second may sound a little odd, but I had the Revo stage 2 software put on the car.

Initially this wasn't a planned modification as I have always been happy with the Superchips map especially after the work done it at the end of last year to remove the torque limit on the DSG version.

I had popped into see Carl at Revo after emailing him about the DSG remap offering that a few rumors of had been floating about, just to see for my own curiosity if this was going to be launched in the near future. At present there is no news to report on this  :sad1:

After grabbing a coffee and some discussion about the car and my future plans I was offered a trial of their Stage 2 code with the option of returning to my SC map if I didn't like it, so as I had nothing planned for the afternoon I though what the hell and handed over the keys to Carl.

After about 30mins he returns and says lets go for a spin.

So with the Laptop and VCDS connected we did some logging, then connected up the Select Plus again and increased the timing a little as was found the fuel was a very good octane (Shell V-Power), Carl set it up with a B9-T6-F9 configuration. He said it was all running really well and holding boost at around 21-22psi.

He also prepared an "aggressive" setup on the SPS with B9-T5-F9 on the second user preset.

So the outcome, in general I found the Revo software to give the car a more aggressive feel with the power coming in lower down and feeling like it pulls much stronger all the way up to the DSG box spoiling the fun.

So have decided to switch the Revo software for good.

I do want to say this isn't a direct reflection on the Superchips software or their excellent customer services that I have received from them in the last 10 months I have been running their stage 1 and 2 software. I now just feel the Revo offering with the possible addition of a DSG remap to come at some point in the future will give me more flexibility and the one-stop shop I prefer to have when it comes to stuff like engine and possible DSG box remapping.

Full review to follow shortly.

PS - If your scared of ever getting badly bitten by the moddifing bug then (next to Jonnyc's car) don't let them take you out in this thing: -

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

After the run in the Stage 2+ demo car, this now means I really really really really need a HPFP and an IC  :drool: :drool:

Offline davo01

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Friday Mods - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:35:36 pm »
great review

which ic is the leon running?

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 11:39:18 pm »
great review

which ic is the leon running?

Thanks  :happy2:

I understand it's now running with a custom IC  :drool:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 12:35:25 am »
I knew you wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of the DSG remap. REVO stage 2+ and DSG map would be a very good set-up Steve :happy2:

There is a review of that REVO Leon car in this months performance Car magazine - up against the new Focus RS, Megane R26.R and Scooby STI. :evilgrin:
Golf R gone.

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 12:44:37 am »
Stop talking about the DSG remap pleeease... otherwise, I'll have to get it installed and I shouldn't be doing that at the moment  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 09:53:28 am »
I knew you wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of the DSG remap. REVO stage 2+ and DSG map would be a very good set-up Steve :happy2:

There is a review of that REVO Leon car in this months performance Car magazine - up against the new Focus RS, Megane R26.R and Scooby STI. :evilgrin:

Yep I have seen the article  :happy2:

They were very pleased with the 10 second difference their Leon had over the RS on the times upto 130mph  :driver:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 10:46:05 am »

Yep I have seen the article  :happy2:

They were very pleased with the 10 second difference their Leon had over the RS on the times upto 130mph  :driver:

10 seconds!! Holy sh*t!!  :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 12:25:47 pm »
its good isn't it  :driver: but trust me you need better brakes  :evilgrin:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 12:31:09 pm »
its good isn't it  :driver: but trust me you need better brakes  :evilgrin:

Already in progress  :happy2: :driver: :driver:

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 08:17:17 pm »
Having read the article on the Leon, is in not as simple and cheap (relatively speaking) to take an ED30 to the same performance ? are they not the same engine and turbo wise?  I realise the Leon is 240bhp standard vs 230 for the ED30 but thought this was just down to the mapping?
Octavia Vrs MKII - KO4, forge twintercooler, S3 Injectors, APR HPFP, RS4 FP Valve, Pipeworx 3'' DP and Sports cat, Piper non res exhuast, ITG Maxogen, Quaife Dif, sachs clutch kit, NQSBBBK with RS4-2 pads, H&R SS Coilovers with adjustable koni inserts.
Good for 328 BHP on JKM's rollers !!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 08:22:08 pm »
^^^ Correct, the Edition 30 can be taken to the same level of performance with the same mods.

The one advantage the Leon has is it's standard bigger brakes are more capable at handling the increased power  :happy2:

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 08:28:59 pm »
^^^ Correct, the Edition 30 can be taken to the same level of performance with the same mods.

The one advantage the Leon has is it's standard bigger brakes are more capable at handling the increased power  :happy2:

thanks for that, I tried a Leon K1 but the interior (well dash,plastics, door cards and general gloom) put me off, also the ride was very hard indeed - nowhere near as subtle as the golf. Great for the price you can pick them up for though and as a track/strip toy, personally couldn't have one as a daily driver.
Octavia Vrs MKII - KO4, forge twintercooler, S3 Injectors, APR HPFP, RS4 FP Valve, Pipeworx 3'' DP and Sports cat, Piper non res exhuast, ITG Maxogen, Quaife Dif, sachs clutch kit, NQSBBBK with RS4-2 pads, H&R SS Coilovers with adjustable koni inserts.
Good for 328 BHP on JKM's rollers !!