Make a donation

Author Topic: Foreign object in my beer!!  (Read 6790 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Foreign object in my beer!!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 03:19:15 pm »
Who would want a lifetime supply of carlsberg? It's like dishwater

I'd rather a lifetime supply of chlorine.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 03:38:51 pm »
I would say I was drinking the beer at a party, so never heard any rattling etc, and the metal piece ended up in my mouth and I nearly choked!

You have sent an image, and to me it clearly looks like a nozzle of some kind used to dispense the beer into the bottle.
Tell them you will be contacting the media if you do not get a suitable response. You are willing to send the item back once an agreement has been made.

That is essentially Fraud, you were both well aware there was something in the container (as well as beer), so lying to them saying you nearly choked whilst at a party  is both a lie and a fraudulent claim on your behalf, a better option would be to have them collect it and get the issue sorted, perhaps this will stop someone "Genuinely" choking on an item in the future, rather than you lying to them to get free beer!.

:popcornsoda:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

gaz b

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 04:26:02 pm »
I would say I was drinking the beer at a party, so never heard any rattling etc, and the metal piece ended up in my mouth and I nearly choked!

You have sent an image, and to me it clearly looks like a nozzle of some kind used to dispense the beer into the bottle.
Tell them you will be contacting the media if you do not get a suitable response. You are willing to send the item back once an agreement has been made.

That is essentially Fraud, you were both well aware there was something in the container (as well as beer), so lying to them saying you nearly choked whilst at a party  is both a lie and a fraudulent claim on your behalf, a better option would be to have them collect it and get the issue sorted, perhaps this will stop someone "Genuinely" choking on an item in the future, rather than you lying to them to get free beer!.

:popcornsoda:

Just to be clear I have never lied to anybody throughout this, how could My mate possibly not notice a 3" metal tube in his beer? :confused:  I have contacted citizens advice and somebody from environmental health is coming for a meeting on Monday.  I have also given Carlsberg all of the information required to start the investigation.

As for the taste of the beer, bear in mind it would'nt taste half as bad if it was free! :drinking:

I will keep you posted. :party:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:28:58 pm by gaz b »

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 05:39:43 pm »
Citizens Advice?, Environmental health?, looks like someone is after compensation far outweighing an apology and few free crates of ber  :signLOL:

gaz b

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 06:04:39 pm »
Citizens Advice?, Environmental health?, looks like someone is after compensation far outweighing an apology and few free crates of ber  :signLOL:

Honestly mate, if they had offered me an eight pack I would have been happy. Since they offered nowt, I am going to make it as difficult as possible. :evilgrin: Oh and I never contacted environmental health. Citizens advice did!  :wink:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 06:09:18 pm »

Honestly mate, if they had offered me an eight pack I would have been happy. Since they offered nowt, I am going to make it as difficult as possible. :evilgrin: Oh and I never contacted environmental health. Citizens advice did!  :wink:

My mate once found a bolt in a pack of crisps, he sent it back and got a full retail box of crisps and he was happy.

gaz b

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 06:10:50 pm »

My mate once found a bolt in a pack of crisps, he sent it back and got a full retail box of crisps and he was happy.

Are you sure it wasn't a packet of nuts?  :star:

Sorry :ashamed:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 06:42:54 pm »

I agree, but it would be easy to sell on.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 06:44:08 pm »

I agree, but it would be easy to sell on, then again are you sure it wasnt in a bottle of stella?  :evilgrin:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 10:02:07 pm »

I'd rather a lifetime supply of chloroforme.

Fixed!  :wink: :laugh:

Offline ConeKiller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 01:46:43 pm »
Any update  :drinking:

gaz b

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 02:43:33 pm »
Any update  :drinking:

Well, the guy from environmental Heath came and collected the object, bottle etc. seemed very surprised that the object was so large and had went unnoticed. Said he would keep me posted on his investigation.

Also gave carlsberg the serial numbers that they required to begin thier investigation so it's just the waiting game now....... :popcornsoda:

Offline theo91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 05:14:20 pm »
Carlsberg  :sick:

gaz b

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 07:57:16 pm »
Carlsberg  :sick:

Can I just make it clear, it was my mate that brought and was drinking the Carlsberg.  :booty:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 07:58:39 pm »
The missus just came hone from shopping and said she had bought me some beers, which was great  :party:

But its carlsberg :sad1: