Make a donation

Author Topic: Insurance claim  (Read 2603 times)

Offline TOMMYGUNN

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Insurance claim
« on: June 27, 2012, 09:59:37 pm »
I was involved in accident back in jan, I was at fault, only 10-15mph tops, gave statement to my insurer 4months ago and not heard nowt, just got papers through about man who is claiming, his medical report and car cost repairs, I didn't claim on my insurance only number plate cracked and some scratches, but these papers are talking about court dates and how I'm going to pay!!!??? Surely my insurance would cover costs??, I'm fully comp, 11yrs NCB. I'm really concerned!! Any advice before I call in morning???? Thanks

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Insurance claim
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 10:03:35 pm »
As a rule of thumb always forward such correspondence straight to your insurer, but be sure to make a copy.  :happy2:

Offline TOMMYGUNN

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 10:14:25 pm »
Is it common to pay cost though?? Honestly thought insurance would take care of it!!!

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 10:44:19 pm »
You might want to have a look on Pepipoo. Lots of helpful stuff on there. Plus who did the documents come from? Your insurance or another company.

Fish

Offline ashley

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:50:50 pm »
I was involved in accident back in jan, I was at fault, only 10-15mph tops, gave statement to my insurer 4months ago and not heard nowt, just got papers through about man who is claiming, his medical report and car cost repairs, I didn't claim on my insurance only number plate cracked and some scratches, but these papers are talking about court dates and how I'm going to pay!!!??? Surely my insurance would cover costs??, I'm fully comp, 11yrs NCB. I'm really concerned!! Any advice before I call in morning???? Thanks

Classic example of a claims management making the most of an small incident.

As others have suggested forward to insurance company. That's what insurance is for, they should cover all costs. Normally they settle out of court (if their party is clearly at fault) to avoid themselves the hassle.

This is why premiums have risen so much

Offline TOMMYGUNN

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 07:20:30 am »
It must of come from third party solicitors, I'll call my insurer and hopefully it can get sorted!! I'll keep you posted. Thanks for replies

Offline ConeKiller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 09:15:19 am »
I work for the fraud team of an insurance company so if you have any problems give me a shout  :happy2:

From what you have said there is nothing to worry about, it is the norm for them to send everything to you but they would have also sent a copy to your insurance, give your insurance a call and get the address details of the handler dealing with the claim and send everything you have received to them. They will deal with it all for you  :happy2:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 11:12:39 pm »
40% hike in premiums... and we wonder why

Someone recently damaged one of our cars - the amount of times we got asked about personal injury etc.

Good luck getting it sorted - unfortunately you will now be paying for it for the next 3years on your premiums - regardless of fault.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 11:56:48 pm »
Any damage to his car?

Is the documentation a "pack" with a court claim form? If so, it sounds like proceedings have been issued and the pack does need to be sent to your insurer immediately so that one of their panel solicitors can file an acknowledgement of service with the court which then gives them 28 days from the date of service of the claim form to file a defence.

Or is it a "DNF" - Defendant Notification Form informing you of the claim against you in which case it is not as urgent as your insurer has 90 days from the date the claim was notified to them to investigate and raise causation as an issue ie we accept our policyholder hit your client in the rear but we dont accept that the impact was severe enough to cause an injury and request inspection facilities of his vehicle to clarify whether the impact was severe enough for Delta V to travel through the vehicle and cause the occupant a soft tissue injury. PM me if need.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 06:37:19 am »
My ex had this. Came through about 3months after. Directline said its normally when the other party have protected no claims they do this to claw back money and Norwich Union are the worst for it (this was 3years ago).

Just contact your insurers and they should deal with it. I think you need legal cover for this tho (that's what directline said covered it).

Then just keep checking to make sure they have corresponded to it by the date on the paperwork. And take copies before forwarding it to them

Offline TOMMYGUNN

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 08:52:42 am »
Thanks for advice, I called up and spoke to insurer, they said it was normal for this pack to be sent out, I took copies and forwarded them on. The guy was pretty helpful and said no need to worry and they would sort it, which made relax a little more! It just pisses me off a small bump and all the hassle and rise in insurance!!!

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 12:05:18 pm »
Thanks for advice, I called up and spoke to insurer, they said it was normal for this pack to be sent out, I took copies and forwarded them on. The guy was pretty helpful and said no need to worry and they would sort it, which made relax a little more! It just pisses me off a small bump and all the hassle and rise in insurance!!!

there are ways and means to combat dishonest claims, on the other hand if you hit him at 15mph it is quite feasible he is injured. dont forget the horrific injuries you can do to a pedestrian at double the speed of 30mph, albeit they have no protection at all.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1