Make a donation

Author Topic: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo  (Read 197564 times)

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
Re: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2012, 06:18:14 pm »
This setup is great if you already have all the stage 2+ goodies.  Keeps stock intake, downpipe etc.

But if you have a GTi AXX/BWA engine you need rods and headstuds, but on the ed30 lump you should get away with it.  I would add headstuds though if it was me.

If Revo won't do a purpose built map for it then the stage 3/4 map will work with rs4 injectors and a manual boost controller.

With the vRS's current setup, on track at brunters a few weeks ago I was easily pulling on a mapped ttrs and a mapped rs5.  A Porsche turbo did sail past me though on the straight.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2012, 06:19:32 pm »
They must be using the giac map still then as the revo doesn't support the larger maf.

If that's the case then the maf readings would be scaled for the giac map and will be correct.

I'll double check tomorrow, but I'm sure Steve said that they were moving away from the GIAC map.  :smiley:

For the Golf Loba project they are using Revo. I think for the Porsche they are using Evomsit.

I'll give Steve a call tomorrow and find out how they are running the revo with the 3" maf housing.

Offline invisiblekid

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Back the truck up...
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2012, 06:19:52 pm »
Let's not get too giddy, talk of 480BHP is theoretical at best, I'd be happy if that was 10% out.

That would still be stage 2+ TTRS output on your edition 30.

Quick look on autotrader gets me a 2010 KO4 TTS for £18000 nearest TTRS is £10k more

The soundtrack issue could be sorted with a milly or the boys at BCS

TTS Chassis is the same as the TTRS except brakes which aren't great anyway.

Still don't think you could beat the 5 cylinder warble Dave!....not for my money anyways!

Ditto on that one..  :happy2:

Indeed but id rather keep the 10k!

But that's before you pay out for the hybrid and any other parts that are needed inc labour.. That would make a huge dint in your 10k and you would be driving round in car that's on the limit of it's internals. This is before you take into account the residuals..

I would say most of the £10k would be gone - as would the warranty. Very good points.

Plus if you managed to come up with a few more £££ after buying th TTRS you'd have a huge amount of potential.
Golf .:R DSG - GIAC Stage 2

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2012, 06:20:30 pm »
This project redefines the meaning of the term Guinea Pig!! LOBO should buy their own cars to use as test beds.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nstdvhjpqpae9grbadbecar4c4&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2012, 06:31:50 pm »
450bhp.......? front wheels......?  :scared:

If a BTCC car can manage with 300-350bhp and go like sh*t off a shovel (with a few exceptions, not mentioning any names) then why is that not enough for everyone?  :driver:

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2012, 06:39:52 pm »

If a BTCC car can manage with 300-350bhp and go like sh*t off a shovel (with a few exceptions, not mentioning any names) then why is that not enough for everyone?  :driver:

If the btcc regs stated they could run 450bhp then that's what would be run.  Then they would go like slippery sh*t off a shovel.

The old ibiza was fwd running around 440 bhp and was great on the road and track.  All about learning how to control the power on the corners then using the full potential on the straights.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2012, 06:43:04 pm »

:popcornsoda:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2012, 06:53:09 pm »

If the btcc regs stated they could run 450bhp then that's what would be run.  Then they would go like slippery sh*t off a shovel.

The old ibiza was fwd running around 440 bhp and was great on the road and track.  All about learning how to control the power on the corners then using the full potential on the straights.

Have to agree with Alex on this. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nstdvhjpqpae9grbadbecar4c4&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2012, 06:59:52 pm »
I guess you do have a point alex. But your not telling me that a mk5 with a LO4XX running 450bhp is gonna get anywhere near a BTCC Honda civic around a track? Surly 350bhp with the the works thrown at the chassis, and some driving skills is > loads of power.

Or am I in party pooper mode again?

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2012, 07:09:20 pm »
I guess you do have a point alex. But your not telling me that a mk5 with a LO4XX running 450bhp is gonna get anywhere near a BTCC Honda civic around a track? Surly 350bhp with the the works thrown at the chassis, and some driving skills is > loads of power.

All really depends on the supporting mods.  In a straight line then the golf would have the advantage, but for the golf to handle the same then thousands would need to be spent, but I think you would be surprised how close the golf could be.

Once the loba is fitted to the vRS then pop down and come out in it.  Hopefully I can show how the power can be managed.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2012, 07:11:14 pm »
OOOOo yes... i'd be up for a bit of that!  :happy2: (id still take the Civic/BMW BTCC car though  :smiley: )

Offline LOBA SI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2012, 07:13:37 pm »
This project redefines the meaning of the term Guinea Pig!! LOBO should buy their own cars to use as test beds.

In a idea world that would be great, we have a few project cars but the amount of turbos we make devlope not only for us but also others it's not a option, we are a small company and not tuners so we rely on good partners to give us feed back. This particular project came About due to my close freinds telling me how well statllers cars went at 30-130 against there cars,  I apouched steve asking him if he'd like to be involved in product delvelopment and LOBA products, he jumped at the chance hence why your seeing this here in the UK on statllers company car.  

This turbo is a prototype and this is real world testing it's been done public so as to share many are not ! Would you prefer us to not share?

Follow Us On Facebook http://www.facebook.com/LOBA.Motorsport

Email s.sharp@loba-motorsport.com

Offline Cupra R

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2012, 07:13:47 pm »

All really depends on the supporting mods.  In a straight line then the golf would have the advantage, but for the golf to handle the same then thousands would need to be spent, but I think you would be surprised how close the golf could be.

Once the loba is fitted to the vRS then pop down and come out in it.  Hopefully I can show how the power can be managed.

This an open invitation Alex? lol

Wouldn't mind a night in Bedford again ha.

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2012, 07:21:56 pm »

Definitely open  :happy2:

I think that its going to turn out to be a great turbo.  You may have to book a few nights in Bedford while the turbo gets fitted to the cupra after the vRS test drive!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:26:21 pm by vRSAlex »

Offline Cupra R

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2012, 07:31:10 pm »

Definitely open  :happy2:

I think that its going to turn out to be a great turbo.  You may have to book a few nights in Bedford while the turbo gets fitted to the cupra after the vRS test drive!

I'll check room availability at the Swan lol

This may well be a strong possibility haha.

Wonder if ITG will produce an intake pipe.