Make a donation

Author Topic: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo  (Read 197719 times)

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
Re: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2012, 07:34:44 pm »
Judging by how much ITG are in bed with APR at the min that is highly unlikely i would say :stupid:

Offline Cupra R

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2012, 07:38:16 pm »
Judging by how much ITG are in bed with APR at the min that is highly unlikely i would say :stupid:

Oh dear. I didn't know this. Hopefully they won't cut off their noses to spite their face then lol

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2012, 07:38:38 pm »
This project redefines the meaning of the term Guinea Pig!! LOBO should buy their own cars to use as test beds.

In a idea world that would be great, we have a few project cars but the amount of turbos we make devlope not only for us but also others it's not a option, we are a small company and not tuners so we rely on good partners to give us feed back. This particular project came About due to my close freinds telling me how well statllers cars went at 30-130 against there cars,  I apouched steve asking him if he'd like to be involved in product delvelopment and LOBA products, he jumped at the chance hence why your seeing this here in the UK on statllers company car.  

This turbo is a prototype and this is real world testing it's been done public so as to share many are not ! Would you prefer us to not share?

Welcome aboard Si. :happy2:

Si has been very helpful and informative and honest in his posts on VAGOC and after having one of Loba's turbos on my car, seeing the Loba L04XX on the Golf (and driving it!) plus seeing some of the quality of their brakes at Inters I am certainly a convert to the quality and performance of their products and wouldn't hesitate to use any future car I may get for development with them if I had the chance.

Robin, I understand your point, but Loba cannot cover all the bases with their own test cars as they make products for everything including the Loba turbo upgrades on Porsche turbo's and RS6's.
Golf R gone.

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2012, 07:41:27 pm »
Night out in Bedford!

I'd be insisting on a discount if you were going to be exposing me to that!

Back to the turbo

It's a good discussion about putting that much power through FWD and having some exposure to a Stage 1 DSG RS3 with 420BHP it's a very fun drive that's mildly addictive with the AWD.

Being pragmatic its a AWD turbo but there's a good few Stg2+ and big turbo GTIs knocking about...did they all waste their money?

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2012, 07:42:24 pm »
This project redefines the meaning of the term Guinea Pig!! LOBO should buy their own cars to use as test beds.

Come on Robin are you serious? So every product they bring out they should buy a car to test it on. How much to you think that product will then cost, because be sure the cost will be past on to the consumer.

Do APR, Revo, Milltek buy there own cars for each individual product..... NO.

Offline Cupra R

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2012, 07:45:19 pm »
I like the sound of discount.

You listening Alex ;-)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2012, 07:49:01 pm »

Come on Robin are you serious? So every product they bring out they should buy a car to test it on. How much to you think that product will then cost, because be sure the cost will be past on to the consumer.

....Er, Milltek, Revo, and I think APR, DO buy their own cars to develop their products as well as on willing customer's cars.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2012, 07:52:00 pm »

This turbo is a prototype and this is real world testing it's been done public so as to share many are not ! Would you prefer us to not share?

.....Where did I say that I would prefer you not to share, Mr Lobo?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2012, 08:00:14 pm »

....Er, Milltek, Revo, and I think APR, DO buy their own cars to develop their products as well as on willing customer's cars.

They have the odd company car but in no way do they buy a car for every map they sell. It would seem you are suggesting Loba buy a car for every turbo they sell?

Your wrong pure and simple.

APR im pretty sure are using JonnyC's car as a guinea pig, maybe they should go buy an TTRS along with there Golf R. :stupid:

If they can get a willing tuner to test the turbo and in doing so reduce the cost to the customer then im all for it and im willing to bet Steve@statller and Alex@AKS are too.

Offline LOBA SI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2012, 08:01:59 pm »

tbh Robin we are not in the same finances as the above

We bought two new 2.0tfsi s3 engines (hence the picture at beginning of thread) to develop products for and our company CEO bought a S3, and of the back of this and engine dyno work that we cant share due to NDA agreements you see this unit LO4XX as well as new things to come soon HPFP, Pistons, and Turbos, also been testing rods

Follow Us On Facebook http://www.facebook.com/LOBA.Motorsport

Email s.sharp@loba-motorsport.com

Offline LOBA SI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2012, 08:04:19 pm »

.....Where did I say that I would prefer you not to share, Mr Lobo?

whats with the LOBO .... BOBIN ? LOL

You never but you saying we should not be using partners, and the only reason you know of this unit is because we deside to show we could have done behind closed doors

Follow Us On Facebook http://www.facebook.com/LOBA.Motorsport

Email s.sharp@loba-motorsport.com

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2012, 08:31:16 pm »
I guess you do have a point alex. But your not telling me that a mk5 with a LO4XX running 450bhp is gonna get anywhere near a BTCC Honda civic around a track? Surly 350bhp with the the works thrown at the chassis, and some driving skills is > loads of power.

Or am I in party pooper mode again?

All really depends on the supporting mods.  In a straight line then the golf would have the advantage, but for the golf to handle the same then thousands would need to be spent, but I think you would be surprised how close the golf could be.

Once the loba is fitted to the vRS then pop down and come out in it.  Hopefully I can show how the power can be managed.

This an open invitation Alex? lol

Wouldn't mind a night in Bedford again ha.

Definitely open  :happy2:

I think that its going to turn out to be a great turbo.  You may have to book a few nights in Bedford while the turbo gets fitted to the cupra after the vRS test drive!

I'll check room availability at the Swan lol

This may well be a strong possibility haha.

Wonder if ITG will produce an intake pipe.

I'll be producing a pipe that will have the same oe position as the original turbo. This way any intake will fit straigh on with this turbo.  The pipe will also allow the breather pipes to bolt on in the original position.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2012, 08:34:55 pm »

Not before making an uprated TB pipe!  :P

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2012, 08:34:56 pm »
I'm sure APR are using Janner Sy's vRS to develop the map for the Loba hybrid on the 1.4 Twin charger.....

And a few years ago I think DanGB was the guinea pig to test the APR stage 3 kit for 2.0 TFSI motor.

Fact is the industry suits this type of set up....willing punters who don't mind lending companies their cars to test new products and ideas. If this wasn't the case the pace of development would be mega slow and products expensive due to the extra R&D involved

So good on ya Mr Loba   :happy2:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2012, 08:45:00 pm »
Very interesting tread, please share all info possible mr. LOBA  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)