Make a donation

Author Topic: Car Stolen :-(  (Read 1465 times)

Offline stiggy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Car Stolen :-(
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:21:02 pm »
Hi all,

I haven't been on here for a long time and its unfortunate that I have come back on here with some sad news, but our car was stolen today so please keep your eyes peeled

We got the car about 4 weeks ago, a red polo gti 3dr 61 plate (ending in FLE).  Came with xenons so had the LED running lights.  It's caused quite a bit of emotional distress as the car carried a great amount of sentimental attachment, as it was for my mother after my father passed away a year ago.  These idiots have no concern about others and are worthless scum bags (a lot more harsh words are coming to mind...).  Car was taken today in Edgbaston close to Birmingham University, around lunchtime.  Witnesses say that they saw 2 people, one with a high visibility jacket, bring a truck and winch the car on to the truck.  No one made anything of it cos they thought it was the council or a recovery truck.

Just hope these idiots are found and get what they deserve
MkV GTI Edition 30 - 5 door - DSG - Diamond Black - RNS 510 - Now with a hint of blueflame.....

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: Car Stolen :-(
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 06:24:20 pm »

100% scum, sorry to hear it!

Really hope it's found mate.  There are a few members from Midlands area so hopefully the word spreads.  Get some pictures up on here, other forums, facebook etc

Offline stiggy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 06:25:54 pm »
Will post some pictures - am i ok to post with the full number plate or is it best to blank it out?
MkV GTI Edition 30 - 5 door - DSG - Diamond Black - RNS 510 - Now with a hint of blueflame.....

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 06:28:47 pm »
sorry to hear that mate, Edgbaston is quite a posh area so surprised it happened there

i'm in Birmingham fairly often so i'll keep an eye out

i'd put the whole numberplate up so it can be identified easily! there have been some stories of cars being found through the powers of the internet so very best of luck with your search
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline stiggy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 06:31:39 pm »
I thought the same thing - the car was parked in a very posh area...about to post pics

Offline stiggy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 06:41:19 pm »

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 10:03:16 pm »
Hi all,

I haven't been on here for a long time and its unfortunate that I have come back on here with some sad news, but our car was stolen today so please keep your eyes peeled

We got the car about 4 weeks ago, a red polo gti 3dr 61 plate (ending in FLE).  Came with xenons so had the LED running lights.  It's caused quite a bit of emotional distress as the car carried a great amount of sentimental attachment, as it was for my mother after my father passed away a year ago.  These idiots have no concern about others and are worthless scum bags (a lot more harsh words are coming to mind...).  Car was taken today in Edgbaston close to Birmingham University, around lunchtime.  Witnesses say that they saw 2 people, one with a high visibility jacket, bring a truck and winch the car on to the truck.  No one made anything of it cos they thought it was the council or a recovery truck.

Just hope these idiots are found and get what they deserve

Omg. Shocking. I'm not far from there either. Hope it can be traced. My Polo might be next!!!  :scared:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 12:02:25 am »
i posted info about this page on the Edition 38 forum. a member there has been posted on a facebook page dedicated to finding stolen cars:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/stolendreams/

hope that helps in some way
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline stiggy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 10:46:36 am »
Thanks for doing that bud. Still a little shocked at what's happened, and surprising how common this has become

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 11:11:08 pm »
Feel for you, friend just had a break in, obviously for his car keys as, they left his wallet, ipad, laptop, TV, £3k downhill MTB untouched. Thankfully the alarm went off as they went into his front room. Got in through patio doors even with Sash jammers on!!
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391