Make a donation

Author Topic: iPhone 5 any info????  (Read 3284 times)

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
iPhone 5 any info????
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:39:34 am »
My friend keeps sending me links to various sites with yet more info/rumours about the new iPhone 5.

After the last iPhone 5 4S pre-launch build up I have suggested that my friend be a little less gullible this time.  :ashamed:

Anyway this was the last link he sent me...

http://m.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/iphone-5-could-arrive-in-september-despite-battery-problems-1087634

Does anyone know any information on the iPhone 5?

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: iPhone 5 any info????
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 10:22:40 am »
There have been plenty of case leaks. Check Macrumors.com

Expect a slightly thinner design, same format, slightly longer with a 16:9 screen. At least, thats what the leaks tell us.

For the rest of the people interested, just wait till the keynote in September and ignore ALL the hype and rumours.  :wink:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 10:25:23 am »
Well ios6 drops soon so it's not going to be fare behind it

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 10:26:47 am »
Well ios6 drops soon so it's not going to be fare behind it
]

Schedule will be same as last year. End of September\start of October keynote. With a mid Oct launch.  :happy2:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=tp2950aa3eta9e6kgv56be6fi7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 11:56:58 am »
its gonna have a bigger screen, i'm 100% sure of that.  :signLOL:

h4rdy

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 11:05:38 pm »
Apple have got to seriously up their game this time as they have fallen behind.
I hear rumours of a dock connector change but surely that would be madness as all the cars, home stereos, alarm clocks etc etc will be made redundant. Even if they make an adaptor it would look silly on a lot of stuff.
It will have to be legacy width, height yes could change to make the screen bigger.
Victim of their own success with everything being made for it? As now they can't make major modifactions to the legacy size.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=tp2950aa3eta9e6kgv56be6fi7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 11:26:56 pm »
^^^^ true but that also means they will need to keep it the same dimensions for some docks.

The future is wireless so IMO them changing the connector is of little consequence, I only ever use that port for charging.... Everything else is wifi/Bluetooth

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 11:56:17 am »
Apple have got to seriously up their game this time as they have fallen behind.
I hear rumours of a dock connector change but surely that would be madness as all the cars, home stereos, alarm clocks etc etc will be made redundant. Even if they make an adaptor it would look silly on a lot of stuff.
It will have to be legacy width, height yes could change to make the screen bigger.
Victim of their own success with everything being made for it? As now they can't make major modifactions to the legacy size.

Have they really fallen behind though? Ok, other devices have such large screens they are practically tablets. In terms of performance, as long as the device does everything thats thrown at it, why do they need to say they have 2x quad core gpus, 10x dual core cpus etc etc. All this performance ultimately has a hit on battery life. Ask anyone thats got an Android phone with a massive spec and screen, and they get far less life out their phone when they use it properly. Most end up fitting massive expanded batteries.

The smaller dock port allows for more internal space for the device.

The only thing the iPhone needs more of, is battery life. Thats it. I like my discreet 3.5" screen really. With the res, i have no issues using it. Its still nice and small for my pocket too. If they increase the screen size i wont complain, but everyone seems hung up on this aspect and demands a "complete redesign". Do we really need it?

iOS6 and O/S features in general are far more appealing to me than a hardware refresh.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 12:04:49 pm »
IMO it doesnt need to be 'that' much bigger. The screen on the new samsung is too big i think, but half way house would be perfect for me.

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 12:06:25 pm »
I'm still rocking my 3GS with a sim-only tarrif... My wife have the 4S and I cant see any reason to change at the mo... if the 5's any good I might change my mind...  :popcornsoda:
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 12:10:28 pm »
IMO it doesnt need to be 'that' much bigger. The screen on the new samsung is too big i think, but half way house would be perfect for me.

Rich. I hear what you're saying. My Wife has the Galaxy G3 and as much as i like the size of the screen it is possible more of a "Handbag" phone than one intended for pocket stowage.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 04:37:08 pm »

+1

The S3 screen is too big IMO. I have an S2 and think it is a good size (4.3") so the next iPhone needs to be increased to about 4" at least.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 07:01:44 pm »

iOS6 and O/S features in general are far more appealing to me than a hardware refresh.

There doesn't appear to be many new features with IOS 6, I'm not sure things like Passbook are going to be a great deal of use in the UK, and the beta of Apple maps in the UK is utter rubbish along with no doubt a US biased update to Siri  :confused:

No doubt the new connector will allow Apple to sell everyone an adapter to fit their old docks at a ripoff price

h4rdy

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 01:18:47 am »
I used to love Apple and I kind of still do but they seem to be turning into the new 'Microsoft'.

I think the current strategy is 'put it out, it will sell, we are Apple'!

I hope the Iphone 5 turns things around for me as like I said I used to love them but their current attitude is grating a little.

I know he died but when Steve Jobs left the building the previous time it all went pear shaped.

Off topic sorry, keeping my hopes up for a decent spec but what else can they do.................?

Offline Action jackson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 09:31:43 am »
The 3GS was the last good Phone they made. My 4 and 4s have been crap