Make a donation

Author Topic: Anybody got a step drill?  (Read 913 times)

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Anybody got a step drill?
« on: July 09, 2012, 10:50:54 pm »
Am upgrading to OPS and the old sensor holes are 26mm, I need to open these up to 27mm, but most step drills are 26 or 28. I think 28mm will look awful and leave a big gap around the sensor. Problem is the only step drills I have seen that can do 27mm cost a bomb, and only to drill out 1mm on 4 holes is extremely difficult to justify.

Does anybody in the Midlands or Surrey have one they can let me use for 10 mins please?

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline SI-R32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
Re: Anybody got a step drill?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:42:24 am »
Hi mate this hole is 28mm and looks perfect to me, in fact once it was painted there were a few tight spots, i'm using the skoda holders for mine.

Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Re: Anybody got a step drill?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 07:25:30 am »
Hi Si

Yeah, I am using the same, in fact I got the part numbers off your excellent how to on R32OC. Thanks.

I have measured mine and they are coming in at 26.7mm after painting. The original PDC sensors were 26mm and the hole is literally size for size. The original factory PDC looked as though there was a cover on there rather than a sensor coming from behind. That's the kind of look I am going for.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members