Make a donation

Author Topic: Aftermarket Facia  (Read 1107 times)

Offline scwheeler

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Aftermarket Facia
« on: July 15, 2012, 08:02:24 pm »
Thought this may be useful as I couldn't find any posts with pictures when installing my stereo.

From my local shop I bought - an Autoleads facia, quadlock cables inc. steering controls & an amplified antena adapter for approx. £70.

Cables were fine but I found the Autoleads facia not to my taste as the headunit sits about 7mm in and requires use of the headunit trim kit:

So I decided to buy the Connects2 facia kit CK23VW07 which at £49 is not cheap but I felt looks much better:

While buying the new facia I saw that Connects2 sell a kit which includes a similar facia (flush fitting and doesn't require the use of the headunits trim kit) and all the cables etc for about £70 (CT23VW01 I think).  Far better value than the £110 I spent all in :( oh well live and learn.

Offline Kingabzyy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Aftermarket Facia
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 12:12:17 am »
Mate if u don't mind me asking, which Sony headunit is that and a rough detail of the features. I'm looking to buy a headunit but vw ones are too expensive or me and looking to spend about 300£. If u don't mine me asking how much did you get your one for? :happy2: