Make a donation

Author Topic: Cheapest place for genuine bbs ch  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Cheapest place for genuine bbs ch
« on: July 27, 2012, 01:40:02 pm »
I bought a second hand set of bbs ch alloys last week that I was assured were 100% genuine by the seller.
I have had nothing but trouble with the wheels and it has turned out that they are fake and buckled.

I traded in my 18"Monzas to get these too so I really need a set of wheels and after this experience I would rather buy brand new rather than get ripped off again.

Where would the cheapest place be to get a set of 18" ch s in silver?

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Cheapest place for genuine bbs ch
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:22:27 pm »
phone around:

W8 Performance (a member on here)
Wheelbase
Rimstyle
Performance Alloys
Alloy Wheels Direct
PW Motorsport

prices are usually much of a muchness, or if you hold out sets appear on here/eBay etc fairly frequently
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39823.0.html
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 02:24:07 pm »
If you dont mind good quality reps then google bm Autosport
Revo Stage 2+ Edition 30 No.1089 with added carbon

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 02:31:19 pm »
I don't really want reps due to the damage the wheels I have now.
There is no way a genuine wheel would buckle like this one.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 02:33:34 pm »
I bought a second hand set of bbs ch alloys last week that I was assured were 100% genuine by the seller.
I have had nothing but trouble with the wheels and it has turned out that they are fake and buckled.

I traded in my 18"Monzas to get these too so I really need a set of wheels and after this experience I would rather buy brand new rather than get ripped off again.

...........any chance you could get a refund?.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 02:53:01 pm »

...........any chance you could get a refund?.

No the guy is being a total dick about it.
When I bought the wheels he told me that he bought them from bbs in Germany himself and I have known him for years so had no doubt And took his word.

When I fitted the wheels I noticed the spigot rings were missing and there was a vibration when driving.
I orderd bbs spigot rings from rim style and when they arrived they did not fit meaning they were fake.

When I questioned the guy that sold them he is just saying tough sh*t a deal is a deal.

I went to a local Alloy wheel place to see if I could get spigot rings just to stop the vibration and they noticed a flat spot on one of the wheels. But. I damage to the finish of the wheel or my tyres. They also confirmed that they were fake.

I'm getting nowhere with the seller at all and as said before I need to get my wheels sorted

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 03:15:25 pm »
Sounds like a right tw** then if you have known him for a while !!!!.Small claims court?.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 03:20:58 pm »
Sounds like a right tw** then if you have known him for a while !!!!.Small claims court?.

I'm seeking legal advise when I get back from my holidays

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 03:23:40 pm »
Nice one & good luck.Keep us posted please?. :smiley: Rip off wank*** like him need to be taught a lesson.

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 06:48:48 pm »
Hope you manage to get this sorted out quickly but the early indication's show this guy's a real fcuking cnut,make's my blood boil! :fighting:

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 07:27:16 pm »

Trev has some 19s good price and minty mint  but Black

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 07:54:36 pm »

Trev has some 19s good price and minty mint  but Black

I was looking at 19s but the £215 price tag  for a decent tyre puts me off 19s

I prefer the ch r s but they don't make 18s in a mk 5 fitment 

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 07:20:32 am »

I'd be patient and wait for a decent set to come on here from a trustworthy forum member. My Pescaras are mint, and I paid £630 for them delivered.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 10:51:24 am »

I'd be patient and wait for a decent set to come on here from a trustworthy forum member. My Pescaras are mint, and I paid £630 for them delivered.

I honestly couldn't take someone's word a set of wheels will be genuine anymore, if a lad that lives 2 mins away from me that I've known for years can't be trusted no one can.

He came round last night and protests that they are genuine, even though I pointed out that the offset stamp is missing from the rim of the wheels and that the bbs Pfs rings do not fit into the wheels, he has said that he will take them back if I fix the buckle that is on one of the wheels. But I'm not willing to pay to fix a wheel that. Haven't damaged and been sold as genuine when they are not.

I asked him why no spigot rings were supplied with the wheels if he bought them brand new and he told me that he had them refurbished at the start of the year and the rings were missing when he got them back, turns out his girlfriend kerbed them badly so he got them redone! they probably got buckled with all the kerbs that she had hut!

I also found out on his Facebook that he was trying to sell them as soon as they were refurbished so something must of been up.

I think he has bought them second hand and had them refurbished, found out they were buckled and went to try and sell them

He has either bought them as fakes or has bought them second hand thinking they were genuine himself

I just can understand why he keeps insisting that he bought them from bbs in Germany for £1800 (can be bought for £1250 here)

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 11:50:39 am »
If you know what your looking for especially now that you have seen what fakes are like I don't see it being a problem buying a second hand set from a trusted forum member just ask for plenty pictures of stamps