Make a donation

Author Topic: Today I.......  (Read 10637 times)

Offline damoegan

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Today I.......
« on: August 11, 2012, 10:59:09 pm »
New thread in the same style as the "Recent Purchase" thread and "What Did You And You MKV Do Today" thread  :signLOL:

Today I....

Wone my first singles golf comp  :smiley:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Today I.......
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 11:22:47 pm »
(congrats)

I had BBQ,  did some ebaying and went for a swim  :laugh:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 11:35:42 pm »
i finished work and spent all afternoon looking for my bank card that my lass has lost :fighting:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 11:37:26 pm »
:congrats: :congrats:  well done!!  :pomppomp:

Today I worked none stop for 13 hours in heat touching 40 degrees, came home to grief via FaceTime (terrible invention) from eldest daughter re her sister, then grief from the other one about the first one, hastle from my lovely misses to sort out "the girls" and their bickering, then the Monster In Law  on the phone giving it both barrels about my sister in law. Bloody women!! It's 23.30 and I might sit down and have something to eat now and watch the Olympics.

Rant over, sorry but you did ask what I did today!!  :signLOL:

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 11:39:55 pm »
Sold a car, then prepped the p/x ready for sale!!

Was bloody warm though!!  :rolleye:

vw55raz

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 11:41:21 pm »
tried putting in a redtop engine into a vauxhall calibre. got the gearbox lined up, engine in tommorrow hopefully

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 08:44:15 am »
didn't get much sleep.... 10month old didn't seem to want to let me

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 08:53:31 am »
Played my last round of golf at my local golf club before I re-locate to cornwall next week, it just happened to be my best round ever too, 7 over par for 79 gross and 65 net  :ashamed: scoring 44 points in the stableford comp and winning it by 7pts  :ashamed: (my handicap was cut by 1.4 today to 12.8) yesterday was the first time I got called a bandit  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline dan1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Durham Collective
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 09:26:27 am »
Washed the fleet (Mk5, R32, and merc) land rover stays dirty. Got 4 way alignment done on R32 after fitting adjustable rear tie bars and ordered a set of KW clubsports with adjustable top mounts.

www.durhamcollective.co.uk  
North East VAG Owners Club

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 10:12:49 am »

Today I worked none stop for 13 hours in heat touching 40 degrees, came home to grief via FaceTime (terrible invention) from eldest daughter re her sister, then grief from the other one about the first one, hastle from my lovely misses to sort out "the girls" and their bickering, then the Monster In Law  on the phone giving it both barrels about my sister in law. Bloody women!! It's 23.30 and I might sit down and have something to eat now and watch the Olympics.

....I can only imagine what that was like! Very funny when seen from the oustide and not involved. Women are masters at bitching about other women - I think it's in the genes and part of the way they compete with each other. I bet the thought crossed your mind to escape about doing another 13hr shift!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 10:14:04 am »
Today (Saturday) I attended a Native American gathering on a cricket pitch:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 10:47:36 am »
Nice one robin... what is your link to native america (wanted to ask you for a while)?

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 11:12:23 am »
Played my last round of golf at my local golf club before I re-locate to cornwall next week, it just happened to be my best round ever too, 7 over par for 79 gross and 65 net  :ashamed: scoring 44 points in the stableford comp and winning it by 7pts  :ashamed: (my handicap was cut by 1.4 today to 12.8) yesterday was the first time I got called a bandit  :signLOL:

Well done mate  :happy2:

I had my lowest round in competition, 13 over 83 gross 64 with 42 points.  :happy2: Got cut by 1.8 to 16.7  :laugh:

I get called a bandit all the time  :ashamed:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 12:25:26 pm »

Today I worked none stop for 13 hours in heat touching 40 degrees, came home to grief via FaceTime (terrible invention) from eldest daughter re her sister, then grief from the other one about the first one, hastle from my lovely misses to sort out "the girls" and their bickering, then the Monster In Law  on the phone giving it both barrels about my sister in law. Bloody women!! It's 23.30 and I might sit down and have something to eat now and watch the Olympics.

....I can only imagine what that was like! Very funny when seen from the oustide and not involved. Women are masters at bitching about other women - I think it's in the genes and part of the way they compete with each other. I bet the thought crossed your mind to escape about doing another 13hr shift!

I did escape, am back at work now, only doing a 12 hour (allbeit with a 3 hr lunch) day. Love the ladies in my life but honestly I ask you!!  :laugh:

Looks like you were having a great day.  :happy2:

Tenuous link.......... Moon Bloodgood  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 02:27:24 pm »

Nice one robin... what is your link to native america (wanted to ask you for a while)?

....Been dancing on the Pow Wow trail for nearly 40 years, both in the UK and across the pond. Consequently I have made many Native friends, some of whom view me as extended family. When my son passed on and I needed a divorce, I rushed off across the pond to stay with Native friends and came back with my first flute (traditionally a healing instrument as well as wooing the ladies) - Hence my music path.

@ Martin: Extremely tenous indeed! I'm pretty sure that Moon Bloodgood isn't Native but she is a joy to behold. Talking of Moon, this lady is Native:

There are some mighty fine Native women but they tend to be modest, at least, publicly! It's the traditional Native way.