Make a donation

Author Topic: EGR Delete  (Read 1908 times)

Offline brown-1234

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
EGR Delete
« on: August 14, 2012, 10:27:06 pm »
Would this do for my GT 140 ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Allard-EGR-Delete-kit-Golf-2-0-tdi-BKD-engines-2004-onwards-/170893892919?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ca11dd37#ht_2108wt_984

Would i still be able to instal it even if not thinking about getting it mapped out until later in the year ?

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Re: EGR Delete
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 10:30:23 pm »
Yours is the BKD so should be right yes. You could fit it then have it mapped out later on but you will have an EML up constantly which shouldn't be a problem aslong as you don't need in MOT in the meantime.

Also look at the darkside developments one. That's the one I have.

Offline brown-1234

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 10:32:50 pm »
Yours is the BKD so should be right yes. You could fit it then have it mapped out later on but you will have an EML up constantly which shouldn't be a problem aslong as you don't need in MOT in the meantime.

Also look at the darkside developments one. That's the one I have.

Do you find it makes alot of difference ?

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 10:45:24 pm »
It's more of a preventative mod than a performance one so you won't feel any difference when fitted. It will stop your inlet manifold gettin all gunged up. Here's my egr and asv after only 20k  :fighting:

EGR

ASV

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 02:18:28 am »
Get the Darkside Developments one, Why? because its slightly cheaper

I ran the Darkside One on my Stage2+ PD170 for ages, Ran it with Light on for ages and eventually got it mapped out by Shark.

Car ran smoother and solved a few stuttering issues i had
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
Re: Re: EGR Delete
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 06:22:54 am »
Darkside one is also one piece so looks nicer and meant to be stronger too (no welds)

Jas

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 06:31:06 am »
Get the Darkside Developments one, Why? because its slightly cheaper

I ran the Darkside One on my Stage2+ PD170 for ages, Ran it with Light on for ages and eventually got it mapped out by Shark.

Car ran smoother and solved a few stuttering issues i had

Would agree with Andrew. Cleared up the stuttering I was gettin too. Was driving me mad.

Offline brown-1234

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 08:52:28 am »
Right! Spot on guys, thanks for the help.. Thinking of ordering it today. Is it just bolt off bolt on ? I read somewhere about removing the cooler or something. Sounds like a fart on doing that.

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 09:19:23 am »
I recently asked a well known tuning company about this mod and they advised me not to do it as MPG will get way worse! How are you guys finding it after fitting?

Fish

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 09:46:05 am »
Right! Spot on guys, thanks for the help.. Thinking of ordering it today. Is it just bolt off bolt on ? I read somewhere about removing the cooler or something. Sounds like a fart on doing that.

Its not too bad of a job but generally speaking yes its unbolt the EGR then bolt in the delete pipe. I'd get yourself some carb cleaner aswell so you can give the ASV abit of a clean whilst its off. One thing you will find is that you have to bend the pipe that connects to the EGR slightly so you can get the blankig plate on. This goes round the back of the engine and connects to the cooler. I couldn't get it off myself and had it removed when I had the DPF deleted. Bloke who did it had to cut it in half.

The cooler can be removed as its not doing anything but isn't necessary to take off.

I recently asked a well known tuning company about this mod and they advised me not to do it as MPG will get way worse! How are you guys finding it after fitting?

Fish

I have seen a slight decrease in mpg's since having mine deleted but I also had it mapped at the same time. The computer usually reads between 47-52 mpg on my commute to wor. Previously it was 58 ish. Although the computer reads lower mpg's, I still get the same, if not more miles to £40.

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 11:35:00 am »
Cheers Matto, never seen those sort of figures from my PD140 except when it was new out the box. Since the first map it's been low, now since stage 2 hybrid its even worse sometimes down to my right foot, but not on motorway cruising.

Fish

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 07:48:59 pm »
Mines the same. Not bad just tootling about but very eager to drink diesel with abit of right foot  :driver: