Make a donation

Author Topic: Gti roof spoiler  (Read 2209 times)

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
Gti roof spoiler
« on: August 28, 2012, 07:05:07 pm »
Quick question is the gti roof spoiler any different to a gt sport tailgate any pics of the two cheers

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
Re: Gti roof spoiler
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 08:58:31 pm »
Is it possible to take a spoiler off if so how?

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 10:26:07 am »
Is it possible to take a spoiler off if so how?

The spoiler is glued on so you tend to damage it when removing it.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 10:38:02 am »
^^^^
Consequently the better GTI roof spoiler mods are the ones which stick onto the OEM spoiler.

There's a small carbon (real carbonfibre) lip I've seen a pic of from a Japanese source but can't find out how to get one.

OSIR also offer one but it's not particularly subtle (Hurdy's silver carbon one on his silver Ed30 was subtle though).

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 11:00:28 am »
ave got a gti spoiler in red so am just going to swap the tailgates and then get a glass place to swap the glass over as mine gt sport is factory tinted

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 11:08:07 am »

ave got a gti spoiler in red so am just going to swap the tailgates and then get a glass place to swap the glass over as mine gt sport is factory tinted

.... :laugh: That amuses me - Doubtless less damage done by swapping the whole tailgate for the sake of changing roof spoilers.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 11:16:57 am »

.... :laugh: That amuses me - Doubtless less damage done by swapping the whole tailgate for the sake of changing roof spoilers.

what!?! why would there be damage swapping tailgates?  and ripping a spoiler off and bonding it to another tailgate which wouldnt fit properly  will cause less damge and hastle wont it!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 11:28:22 am »

what!?! why would there be damage swapping tailgates?  and ripping a spoiler off and bonding it to another tailgate which wouldnt fit properly  will cause less damge and hastle wont it!

....I think you misunderstand me (and apologies if my words are ambiguous). I'm suggesting that by swapping tailgates (and not removing the roof spoiler) you aren't going to risk the damage which might happen if you removed the stuck-on roof spoiler.

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 12:03:37 pm »
ahh right yeah my apologies am hoping its not so fiddly takign the wires ets out through the connector but i think it can be done  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 12:11:49 pm »

ahh right yeah my apologies am hoping its not so fiddly takign the wires ets out through the connector but i think it can be done  :happy2:

....There might be some helpful info in the How-to guides part of the forum. Search "tailgate removal"? Or similar. But you'll have to take greater care with your spelling/typing to get relevant Search results  :evilgrin: