Make a donation

Author Topic: RCD510 question  (Read 1079 times)

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 9
RCD510 question
« on: September 02, 2012, 06:44:43 pm »
Ive filled a sd card with music in mps format. I cannot get it to play randomly. I've had a look in the manual and it says all I need to do is press the mix button and it should have an arrow next to mix and that will play randomly but it doesn't. Any ideas?

Andy

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Re: RCD510 question
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 09:07:54 pm »
Are the songs in folders?

If so, the only way I have found the RNS to actually play random across all folders is to copy 1 song into the root folder, play that song and then press mix. It's a real pain and seems to want to play that song every time it restarts. IF the songs are not in folders, then mix should work no problem.

Hopefully someone else has a better way of doing it.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 09:13:26 pm »
Yes they are in folders. What I think I'll do is get rid of the folders and copy all the tracks into the root.

Cheers for the help mate

Andy

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 09:15:16 pm »
Just an update. Copied one file into the root and everything works spot on cheers for your help fella. One other question if you change media source ie from SD card then to the radio. If you then go back to the SD card does remember which song was last being played on the SD card?

Cheers

Andy

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 09:30:42 pm »
I don't use an SD card except for copying to the HDD on my RNS, but it does that with the HDD and with streaming bluetooth so would think it would. Give it a try and see.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 11:16:28 am »
Just an update. Copied one file into the root and everything works spot on cheers for your help fella. One other question if you change media source ie from SD card then to the radio. If you then go back to the SD card does remember which song was last being played on the SD card?

Cheers

Andy

Yes my RNS does so I assume it would.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦