Make a donation

Author Topic: Alternatives to Milltek???  (Read 18387 times)

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
Re: Alternatives to Milltek???
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 11:53:00 am »
If you are up at Milltek Robin ask them how Stainless Steel manages to rust quite so convincingly?

It comes from top steel works in China, it good we print to a certificate to say it meets British standards.  You just send us the art work we print certificate. 

Yours faithfully

Mr Hang dong Chow

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 12:00:54 pm »
If you are up at Milltek Robin ask them how Stainless Steel manages to rust quite so convincingly?

It comes from top steel works in China, it good we print to a certificate to say it meets British standards.  You just send us the art work we print certificate. 

Yours faithfully

Mr Hang dong Chow

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

What makes me laugh is the tags on the system saying "Made in UK", since when is China in UK?   :grin: :grin: :grin:

Or does it mean "Unpacked and sold in UK"
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 12:06:43 pm »
BCS is the way forward...  :happy2:
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 12:14:49 pm »

What makes me laugh is the tags on the system saying "Made in UK", since when is China in UK?   :grin: :grin: :grin:

On what grounds do you know they aren't manufactured in the UK?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ckhdjmqr0lkqjnrbevr3jvovpk&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 12:17:18 pm »

You try welding tin foil..... It's quite an art I tell thee!!!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 02:36:01 pm »

....Exactly!  :happy2:

No-one is claiming that Milltek have never had any failures but the failures which they have had have been blown out of all proportion and false rumours abound.

Very importantly, Milltek care deeply about their products and give excellent aftersales service.

My satisfaction and support for Milltek over a number of years is not based on being a hater of rival exhaust producers. BCS appears to be a very good alternative, which is what the OP asked for.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline podgemasterson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 03:31:46 pm »
Hi guys,
Rang nige from bcs earlier and had a chat with him.
His sports system sounds very good and well priced.
My question is how loud is it in relation to a cat non res milltek?
And can anyone post some sound clips as i can find any?
Thanks again

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2012, 05:56:09 pm »
 I went to the ring in a golf R32 with a Milltek back in June, droned like hell.  :sick: - that doesn't seem to match the slogan of "exhausts to blow your mind, not your ears". Quite the opposite in my experience.

Milltek exhausts on the Civic Type R forum have a reputation for droning also  :chicken:

Just seems to me you are paying for a brand name rather than a special product.

My opinion is that they advertise their product well which is why they seem to be so popular, my money would be on the small player that (from the pictures I've seen) produce great quality exhausts and trying to make a name for themselves. BCS :happy2:

I haven't tried any exhausts on this car yet (had plenty in the past) and am definitely not a fanboy of any particular brand.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:20:36 pm by GrayMK5GTI »
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2012, 06:18:21 pm »
How many units do you reckon milltek sell a year? Put that into perspective of many have failed and i would harbour at a guess that it would be a very small percentage. We all love bigging up the negatives about certain companies when things go wrong with the odd item. I'd love to see how a bcs system looks in 2-3 years. Not knocking them at all but i think the majority of stainless that comes into the country nowadays is sh*te anyways. Anyway i haven't seen a too bad a looking milltek. Had one on mine that was handed down to me that had been on a car 2-3 years, wasn't so bad, a bit of brick acid over it before fitting and it cleaned up nicely.  :smiley:

h4rdy

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2012, 06:53:18 pm »
How many units do you reckon milltek sell a year? Put that into perspective of many have failed and i would harbour at a guess that it would be a very small percentage. We all love bigging up the negatives about certain companies when things go wrong with the odd item. I'd love to see how a bcs system looks in 2-3 years. Not knocking them at all but i think the majority of stainless that comes into the country nowadays is sh*te anyways. Anyway i haven't seen a too bad a looking milltek. Had one on mine that was handed down to me that had been on a car 2-3 years, wasn't so bad, a bit of brick acid over it before fitting and it cleaned up nicely.  :smiley:

I have seen TfsiMikes BCS after six months on the car and it looks like new.

The Milltek on the other hand :popcornsoda:

IMHO I would say the BCS is better made, I believe I have the authority to say that.

OK so I have also 'heard' that the Milltek DP is made in China. Nothing wrong with stuff made in China as long as its as good as we can make it as they are selling it for premium money.

Yes and surface rust on SS denotes a high content of iron in the mix. I.e cheap.

Again it is OK to sell stuff with a 'made in uk' badge even if made in china as I think as long as it is designed, checked, packed, finished etc etc no problem. Percentages I believe.

This had turned into a Milltek bash, wrongly. Probably my fault, apologies.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2012, 07:05:32 pm »

On what grounds do we know that they are not made in China?.

Joking aside, simply type in Google "Milltek DP cracked" "Milltek exhaust failure" "Milltek made in China" and come to your own conclusions!.

:happy2:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2012, 07:08:32 pm »

I have seen TfsiMikes BCS after six months on the car and it looks like new.

The Milltek on the other hand :popcornsoda:

IMHO I would say the BCS is better made, I believe I have the authority to say that.

OK so I have also 'heard' that the Milltek DP is made in China. Nothing wrong with stuff made in China as long as its as good as we can make it as they are selling it for premium money.

Yes and surface rust on SS denotes a high content of iron in the mix. I.e cheap.

Again it is OK to sell stuff with a 'made in uk' badge even if made in china as I think as long as it is designed, checked, packed, finished etc etc no problem. Percentages I believe.

This had turned into a Milltek bash, wrongly. Probably my fault, apologies.

MY BCS system has been on nearly 4 months and it still looks new.

Having seen both Milltek and BCS Systems up close I believe I am entitled to my own opinion on which "I CAN SEE" looks better quality  :happy2:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2012, 07:12:21 pm »

On what grounds do we know that they are not made in China?.

Joking aside, simply type in Google "Milltek DP cracked" "Milltek exhaust failure" "Milltek made in China" and come to your own conclusions!.

:happy2:

By the fact I have seen them physically making them in there own factory which is strangely no where near China.

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 07:17:29 pm »
Well, i supose while they do come with a lifetime warranty whilst being on your car i don't really think theres much of a problem.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 07:18:19 pm »
So they roll the steel in the factory into a pipe? Or does the pipe come shipped in from somewhere else,Ie not the uk so is the steel uk steel ?

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box