Make a donation

Author Topic: Alternatives to Milltek???  (Read 18400 times)

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Re: Alternatives to Milltek???
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2012, 01:40:21 pm »
 :popcornsoda:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2012, 01:41:48 pm »
Im sure Tamiyoman doesnt need me to talk on his behalf, but I think it quite unfair to make derogatory comments about Forum members (Sammy to 1 side of course, lol)! TC has done this before with me, water off a ducks back

Sure, he sung BCS's praises, just like I have, but under no duress whatsoever! Agreed!

Without mentioning names (unlike you have above), there are numerous repeated 'praise singing' on this Forum bout Products x, y, and z, its part and parcel of spreading the word so to speak and should not in any way warrant lambasting!!

Milltek, ITG/Forge, Revo and VWR/APR, there you go!

People can only make informed choices if they are given hard facts, and if that means that the 'big boys' are brought down a peg or two, then i'm all for it!!

This is exactly the reasons I sing their praises, it's not all abouut Milltek and the others, smaller tuners make good products too (some very good ones)

If at the same time, the smaller British companies are given a few thumbs Up (after only positive comments), the im very much for that too!
This whole thread is so bloody subjective, and thanks to fantastic car forums such as this, we all can and should be allowed to have our say without any comeback!! :-D
Here endeth the lesson!
Andrew

That's what i thought too, but clearly not, I best go speak to BCS about my commission rates  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=gmdp9t1gifmkkvhif2imamdpds&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2012, 01:42:10 pm »

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2012, 01:47:06 pm »

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2012, 02:12:52 pm »
^^^

Yes was getting a bit heated

Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2012, 02:37:26 pm »
It wasn't getting heated.  :innocent: Just some perspective was needed.  It is very easy on the internet for 1 or 2 people to take over threads and convince the world what they have is the best, usually because they need to reaffirm there own choices. Robin has done this in the past with Milltek and we had a bust up or two as well, over the same. In fact i chose one of Nigel's exhaust last time because Robin would always take over zorst threads with his Milltek pics.
This is an open forum for it's members to discuss products, Milltek and BSC are not allowed to take part unless it is with technical help but it is very easy for these companies to get there fanboys to advertise for them and as such all perspective gets lost.
If i was buying a zorst for a GTI again, i would probably look at BCS first, but postings in this thread and on here in general lately have me thinking to much fanboy and not enough factboy is going on.
All in my opinion of course.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2012, 03:09:11 pm »
It wasn't getting heated.  :innocent: Just some perspective was needed.  

Heated?, no, debating strongly, possibly, That makes sense

It is very easy on the internet for 1 or 2 people to take over threads and convince the world what they have is the best, usually because they need to reaffirm there own choices.

I don't need to re-affirm my choice, as mentioned I would just like others to choose what they want based on knowledge of all products available rather than opt out and plump for a Milltek "as everyone has one", smaller tuners are getting less and less common as the larger companies buy out the smaller tuners, gain exclusive rights to products or buy other's products to simply re-badge, hike the price and profit on someone else's work and it's us who pay for the priveledge  :stupid:, I am keen to support the smaller "Less well known" companies as it is these who generally improve products and force larger tuning houses to "up their game", again just my own personal opinion  :happy2:

Robin has done this in the past with Milltek and we had a bust up or two as well, over the same. In fact i chose one of Nigel's exhaust last time because Robin would always take over zorst threads with his Milltek pics.

I think RR is almost as Vocal about Milltek as I am about BCS, ETTO and I respect RR and his choices (albeit vastly different from my own)

This is an open forum for it's members to discuss products, Milltek and BCS are not allowed to take part unless it is with technical help but it is very easy for these companies to get there fanboys to advertise for them and as such all perspective gets lost.

I only try to balance out the Milltek Fanboys to give BCS a chance (most will agree that Milltek get a lot of free advertising from their fanboys/customers on here and on hundereds of other forums), Let us not forget that the APR RSC exhaust is another option for buyers (considered it myself but thought it was a little too much ££  :happy2:]

If i was buying a zorst for a GTI again, i would probably look at BCS first, but postings in this thread and on here in general lately have me thinking to much fanboy and not enough factboy is going on.

Is'nt everyone a Fanboy of their chosen tuner?, most on here are either Revo or Apr (with a bit of Bluefin thrown in) or the old ITG (Now VWR rebadged) vs Forge Twintake debate and most threads contain these products, one of the reasons I chose the Volant was that originally I could not decide between ITG/Forge so opted for something that did the same (Speculative) job but was less well known, I think I am right in saying I was the Guinea pig/test pilot for that one too, altho someone else is getting one and doing all the logs/runs to get an accurate read on how it performs (which is a great idea) :wink:

All in my opinion of course.

And we are all entitled to our own

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:26:16 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2012, 04:16:06 pm »

It wasn't getting heated.  :innocent: Just some perspective was needed.  It is very easy on the internet for 1 or 2 people to take over threads and convince the world what they have is the best, usually because they need to reaffirm there own choices. Robin has done this in the past with Milltek and we had a bust up or two as well, over the same. In fact i chose one of Nigel's exhaust last time because Robin would always take over zorst threads with his Milltek pics.

....Hi TC, I do hope you'll agree that as I have got even older I have become more objective in my posted views about products since those days. I feel this particular thread is an example - I've presented information and shared my own experiences and encouraged folks to make up their own minds. But I have also defended against what I have viewed as misinformation - I believe in fairness.

My character has a strong tendency to get enthusiastic about products I have researched and finally chosen but I do my very best to be objective, especially in any Reviews I write here.

One of the many good things about this forum is that it keeps people 'honest'  :grouphug:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2012, 04:20:29 pm »

It wasn't getting heated.  :innocent: Just some perspective was needed.  It is very easy on the internet for 1 or 2 people to take over threads and convince the world what they have is the best, usually because they need to reaffirm there own choices. Robin has done this in the past with Milltek and we had a bust up or two as well, over the same. In fact i chose one of Nigel's exhaust last time because Robin would always take over zorst threads with his Milltek pics.

My character has a strong tendency to get enthusiastic about products I have researched and finally chosen but I do my very best to be objective, especially in any Reviews I write here.

:congrats: I hear ya  :happy2:

One of the many good things about this forum is that it keeps people 'honest'  :grouphug:

Hence I offered to post up my receipt showing price paid for my zorst, I have nothing to hide here!  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2012, 04:29:35 pm »

One of the many good things about this forum is that it keeps people 'honest'  :grouphug:

Hence I offered to post up my receipt showing price paid for my zorst, I have nothing to hide here!  :happy2:

....I principally meant 'keeping people honest' in terms of keeping everyone from getting things out of perspective rather than only in financial dealings.  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2012, 04:32:30 pm »

....I principally meant 'keeping people honest' in terms of keeping everyone from getting things out of perspective rather than only in financial dealings.  :happy2:

Works for both, I don't mind anyway, I was also fully upfront in my review when I had DSG map done  :happy2:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:34:02 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2012, 05:10:47 pm »

....Hi TC, I do hope you'll agree that as I have got even older I have become more objective in my posted views about products since those days. I feel this particular thread is an example - I've presented information and shared my own experiences and encouraged folks to make up their own minds. But I have also defended against what I have viewed as misinformation - I believe in fairness.

One of the many good things about this forum is that it keeps people 'honest'  :grouphug:

You have definitely become more objective Robin, that is for sure. you still drive a few people mad from time to time but you are most definitely part of the furniture and will remain so until you croak.   :signLOL:  :wink:

I know your enthusiasm for products was just that, enthusiasm, but at the time we were trying to create a different feeling from the old forum, were it was balls out arguing over advertising and companies involvement and sponsorship. We just wanted a different feel. Saint Steve used to think i was picking on him all the time ( still does ) but again, this forum was going to be different or what was the point.  I was and still am, very sensitive to product advertising from companies. Members with Vag group cars who take part are encouraged to sell and promote there business as the forum is for them  :smiley:
and its the lack of promotion in my opinion that keeps this place pure and respectful. I dont mind our members thinking i am being out of order if the long term goal is achieved and this place ticks along as it always has.  :drinking:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2012, 05:20:50 pm »
I dont mind our members thinking i am being out of order if the long term goal is achieved and this place ticks along as it always has.  :drinking:

I don't think your out of order, just overly suspicious and wrong sometimes  :innocent:

I fully agree with having no sponsors/advertising as generally that means it ends up being a forum tagged onto a "favoured few tuners" shop, and worst still only the big ones................  :happy2:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 05:24:07 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2012, 06:49:27 pm »
millteks overrated and overpriced.

Who wants to see pics of milltek exhausts that have been fitted on cars for 9-12 months and look like sh*t?

Scorpion, BCS, APR all make good products.

F-town is good too but pricey last I heard.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2012, 07:03:36 pm »
Haha Ive read the rest of the thread now after my gung ho reply.

I dont recommend milltek anymore after my first experience of it didnt end up to well at all. And dont put too much faith into the so called lifetime warranty either

Its down to milltek to sort out there issues now as alot of people have been saying it, the quality has dropped.