Make a donation

Author Topic: intake manifold runner warranty?  (Read 624 times)

Offline Craigh1983

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
    • Leicester Wedding Photographers
    • Email
intake manifold runner warranty?
« on: September 10, 2012, 09:48:21 am »
Hey,

Im sure at the start of the year I had my intake manifold runner changed by a family friend after engine light coming on. Cleared all the errors. Took my car to Alex at aks tuning and the fault came up again On his computer so he cleared it. My engine light has now come on again and I'm guessing it's the same error.

I was reading on the Internet and it says vw extended to warranty on that part to 120.000 miles or 10 years on the gti. Thing is I rang up VW And snotty little woman told me she has no idea what I'm talking about and said she didn't know if my car was covered under the warranty. And what I would have to do is take the car to them and they will check if they can cover it under warranty, if not they will charge me £69!!

So I was wondering if anyone could tell me if my car is covered? It's a golf gti mk5 2005 2.0 turbo.

Also if they do take my car in to check it and they find it's not under warranty, can they just charge me £69 for doing so?

Thanks

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: intake manifold runner warranty?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:02:57 am »
Get it scanned again and if it's the same error, I would first try a basic settings then clear the code and see if it reappears.
The £69 sounds like it's for hooking the car on to their computer for diagnostics. If they find nothing and you're not under warranty then they will charge you.
Without traction power is nothing!