Make a donation

Author Topic: Iphone 5  (Read 18971 times)

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Iphone 5
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2012, 10:00:46 am »
I was gonna go down to Regent Street/Covent Garden on Friday at around 6am and queue up for their 8am opening. anyone done this before? im a bit scared of the queue going all the way to brixton  :signLOL:

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2012, 10:03:32 am »
thats what i normally do but this time i thought sod it as looking at pre order online most have sold out  :rolleye: i know pre order with 02 and apple both say sold out 3 weeks wait
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:16:23 am by MAT ED30 »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2012, 10:05:39 am »
thats what i normally do but this time i thought sod it as looking at pre order online most have sold out  :rolleye: i know pre order with 02 and both say sold out 3 weeks wait

What have your experiences been of it in the past? is two hours before early enough or are all the real apple geeks camping overnight?

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2012, 10:14:53 am »
that depends on the how big the store is or the town/city you live in as the que could be huge and depending how much stock they get it might be best to make a phone call to you store to check if they know how many they are getting in stock and colours and gig so it gives you some kind of idea what your dealing with

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2012, 10:15:46 am »
thats what i normally do but this time i thought sod it as looking at pre order online most have sold out  :rolleye: i know pre order with 02 and both say sold out 3 weeks wait

What have your experiences been of it in the past? is two hours before early enough or are all the real apple geeks camping overnight?

I went for the iphone 4 release to the apple store in cambridge. I was there at 6:30 am and there was already a big queue and would have had to wait hours! luckily for the iphone4 they allowed you to pre order from the website but then collect in store and so there was a VIP line for those that had pre ordered and it seemed people had missed that trick so where i would have been about 30th-50th approx in the normal queue I was able to go into the VIP queue and was number 4 :)

Unfortunately they got rid of this option for the 4s and 5 and the pre order is only for delivery.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2012, 10:17:00 am »
I am not bothering getting one until December, hopefully that way all the die hard fanboys and campers will have theirs and I can just walk in the shop and buy one  :happy2: :grin:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2012, 10:48:27 am »
I am not bothering getting one until December, hopefully that way all the die hard fanboys and campers will have theirs and I can just walk in the shop and buy one  :happy2: :grin:

Mine was easier than that. I ordered it at 8am last Friday and it will be delivered into my hands this coming Friday! ;) No hassle, no visiting the shops.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2012, 10:56:22 am »

Mine was easier than that. I ordered it at 8am last Friday and it will be delivered into my hands this coming Friday! ;) No hassle, no visiting the shops.

me too even had a phone call and email from 3 to confirm my order

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2012, 12:15:53 pm »
O2 redeemed themselves today.

I rung them lasst friday just after I'd ordered my iphones and asked them about the nano sim. The guy I spoke to took my details and said he would get back to me. I'd since then called them twice asking about the sims and not had much luck. I'd all but decided to leave and then this morning I got an email from the guy I spoke to on friday and he has sent me 2 nano sims today (had the official O2 order email too)

He also informed me of the new contract they are doing which is cheaper than my current deal so I'm moving onto that as well.

"On&On" £20 per month for sim only 12 month contract. Unlimited minutes, Unlimited txts, 1gb data allowance.

Roll on Friday now :)
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2012, 02:07:52 pm »
Do you know if that On&On tariff lets you use minutes abroad with a 50p connection fee & £1.99 data charges per day, as recently implemented?

My contract's up next week so thinking about buying a phone outright then going SIM only.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2012, 07:34:50 pm »
Do you know if that On&On tariff lets you use minutes abroad with a 50p connection fee & £1.99 data charges per day, as recently implemented?

My contract's up next week so thinking about buying a phone outright then going SIM only.

oh really.. thats pretty good tbh. much better than how expensive it used to be to use the phone abroad

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2012, 11:11:28 am »
As promised my Nano sims arrived this morning.

Also swapped my contract over to the new on&on tariff.

All ready for friday now.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2012, 11:21:06 am »

Not worried it might be a bit of an anticlimax?

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2012, 11:55:39 am »

Ha dont get me wrong.. im not an apple fan boy.. Im often the first to point out their flaws among my friends...

But I'm going from the 4 to the 5 so the camera is vastly improved and the processor is much faster so it will be a good upgrade and my girlfriend is going from a 3gs to the 5 so that will be an even bigger upgrade and I got it as a present for her so just looking forward to getting it and giving it to her really.

I'm under no illusion that its a ground breaking phone that will change the world lol.

But its new and shiny and I get to unwrap it and thats always fun no matter what it is  :happy2:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2012, 12:37:19 pm »

Ha dont get me wrong.. im not an apple fan boy.. Im often the first to point out their flaws among my friends...

But I'm going from the 4 to the 5 so the camera is vastly improved and the processor is much faster so it will be a good upgrade and my girlfriend is going from a 3gs to the 5 so that will be an even bigger upgrade and I got it as a present for her so just looking forward to getting it and giving it to her really.

I'm under no illusion that its a ground breaking phone that will change the world lol.

But its new and shiny and I get to unwrap it and thats always fun no matter what it is  :happy2:

Yeah, for me the improvements to the camera was the best thing about going from 4 to 4S. It really is a very good camera.

I was just reading about the new features in iOS6 and I really don't see anything that excites me apart from iCloud Tabs.