Make a donation

Author Topic: Iphone 5  (Read 19337 times)

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: Iphone 5
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 09:51:52 am »
can the micro sims be cut down? I thought the chip was actually slightly different rather than just a smaller carrier? Dunno. I phone 3 yesterday and they wanted £5.32 for a new nano sim! Told them to jog on for the extra cash, then the said ok... F.O.C lol

You might be right, ive just read that the nano sim is also 15% thinner.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 09:54:07 am »
Think I am going to shop around as I don't have a contract so need to find a good deal as I am with 02 and have been for over 7 years  :rolleye:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2012, 10:08:35 am »
Just spoke to Three. They can send me a Nano sim, but when its received my old sim would be deactivated within 24 hours.  :stupid:

Asked why they cant send a deactivated nano sim and i will swap the services over when i want to, but they dont have that facility. So i need to wait until mid week before requesting a nano sim. Idiots.

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2012, 11:02:58 am »
Is it worth looking at EE?

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2012, 11:09:53 am »
Mmmm will this be the phone to pull me from my trusty 3GS...

Still like the Galaxy SIII though...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 11:30:18 am »
If only that Nano could make calls...

R32UK

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2012, 11:53:43 am »
I dont care who makes a phone... if its better it gets my business.

What makes me laugh is those that own apples and and will not even look at anything else. Dont worry we have all been there.... but with the iphone 5 not being enough of a change from the 4s means they are falling further behind, and slowly but surely people are picking up on this.

I look forward to seeing the next iteration of the samsung galaxy range... pretty sure this will be another nail in the coffin for the iFad generation.

Offline j8ekt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2012, 12:01:04 pm »
I'll be changing from my trusty 3GS have been waiting for this coming since being out of contract in April I can't wait :jumping:
CW Edition 30

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2012, 12:10:23 pm »
What makes me laugh is those that own apples and and will not even look at anything else....

For me personally, I use a Mac Pro daily at work, have an iMac and MacBook Pro at home, and an iPad. I've never had, or really used a PC and my entire media library is iTunes based. It's got to be something pretty special to lose that level of integration.

I also think that you're forgetting that a large percentage of people aren't really interested in technology. They just want to be part of the coolest brand with the most aesthetically pleasing products. That brand is most certainly not Samsung, and IMO never will be.

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 12:16:26 pm »
Apple has been trying to differentiate itself from other phones by manufacturing beautifully crafted, innnovative products for which buyer were happy to pay a premium. They also managed to create a loyal / fanatical customer base who will buy anything with Apple logo on it regardless of quality/functionality.
I think that beautifully crafted still stands but the gap is getting narrower. However regarding innovative I think Apple is now lagging.... They have two options - become innovative again, lower prices to match competition or we will see what's gonna happen....

Just my opinion

Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 12:21:08 pm »
So in that respect what are Samsung doing that is more innovative than Apple? It's an honest question, I've really never looked at or used one of their phones...

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 12:23:01 pm »
BREAKING NEWS.... you heard it hear first.

Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 12:23:26 pm »
What makes me laugh is those that own apples and and will not even look at anything else. Dont worry we have all been there.... but with the iphone 5 not being enough of a change from the 4s means they are falling further behind, and slowly but surely people are picking up on this.

Ive tried Android. I dont like it. I lived with an Android phone for 6 months, and counted down the minutes until i could be rid of it.

I have integration throughout all of my devices at home by sticking with Apple, which is the ecosystem i have invested in. I like it, works seamlessly.

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 12:23:58 pm »
Back when I chose to go with the best-selling HTC Desire I Had a look at the iPhone 3, 'test-drove' them both and still preferred the UI, feel and overall functionality of the Desire.

Two years later, I'm looking at the iPhone 5, or HTC one X which IMO seem quite similar (quad core, unibody design, dimensions etc) and with no such hatrid towards Apple products, I'm still swaying towards the One X as it's available at a price which will more than certainly be around £10-20 per month cheaper on contract, based on Apple's previous records. Horses for courses  :happy2:
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2012, 12:25:08 pm »
So in that respect what are Samsung doing that is more innovative than Apple? It's an honest question, I've really never looked at or used one of their phones...
Samsung hasnt really been an innovator. Their phones are more powerful than they need to be for headline figures. Thats about it. Google is the innovator really, and they just thrown so many unnecessary features into the phone os. Great for the tinkerers. I have to tinker at work all day, i want my personal devices to work.

Of course, all IMO.