Make a donation

Author Topic: Rear head rests  (Read 3127 times)

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Rear head rests
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 10:18:52 pm »
Depending on how old your little one is and deprnding on which way they are facing (backwards for new born and forwards for slightly older babies) your best getting the mirror that attaches to the rear headrest (so I wouldnt take them out if I were you) that way you'll see in your rear view mirror rather than trying to look over your shoulder...  :happy2:

Thanks , haven't seen those yet , will take a look

Offline chowgar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:08 pm »

This is the type of thing we used...

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 10:36:04 pm »

....With things like that to distract the driver I'm glad to see a 'Baby on board' sign in the rear window!

Babies invariably fall asleep with the motion of a car - So why the need to constantly keep looking at them?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline chowgar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 10:50:29 pm »
who said anything about constantly looking at them... a reasuring glance whilst stationary at the lights is more than enough, and these make it a whole lot easier...

a quiet new born baby in the back of the car that you cant see can be very worrying... did you ever keep going in and checking that your new born was breathing when you first brought them back from the hospital?

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 11:07:07 pm »
^^^^
Sure, I understand the good sense in looking after your newborn and your concern as parents. I was thinking more about how it might distract from driving and is consequently potentially dangerous for everyone in the car.

However, neither my ex-wife nor myself kept checking whether our children were still breathing when they were very young. But each to their own. Ironically our 4yo son stopped breathing and died when he was in my arms one day.

I think it's probably better with a newborn or very young baby, to have them in the front seat but facing backwards. They can have the natural reassurance of 'seeing' you and a glance is easier. Once I had a blow out at ~100 on the M1 in my BMW with baby daughter in the front. Wifey was fast asleep in the back and baby was asleep and neither knew what had happened! No harm done fortunately as I was able to cruise it to the hard shoulder.

My apologies anyway - I'm in a combative mood this evening.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!