Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk 7 GTI **OFFICIAL PICS**  (Read 31631 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Mk 7 GTI **OFFICIAL PICS**
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2012, 09:51:27 am »

Electronic parking brake I see , not sure thats a good thing.

....I had an Audi S4 loaner with one for a week and soon got used to the e-handbrake button but didn't like the physical feel of operating it.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2012, 09:57:55 am »

I like this much more than I liked the mk6 initially, but not love at first sight as it was with the mk5 for me.

I guess it will grow on me and look nice in the flesh.

.... x 2

I want to see the 5-door version.

The Mk7 will doubtless look much better when modified and I expect that an R version will look even better (but I'm still in love with my Mk5).

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2012, 10:05:20 am »

So, looking at those wheels....are they directional? You can't have the trailing part of the alloy spoke going backwards on both sides unless they are....which I doubt.

I like the look of it and it looks like VW have taken the Porsche ethos of design onboard .....evolutionary, not revolutionary :happy2:

....You can have the alloy spoke direction mirrored correctly if VW produce the wheels in nearside and offside pairs. Unlikely perhaps, but we don't know yet and you can bet your bottom dollar that your local VW dealer's salesperson won't have a clue.

^^^^ EDIT: Real life pics at Paris Show indicate clearly that VW are happy to have the spoke directions running differently on each side of the car  :stupid: Did they think we wouldn't notice? Makes sense in production costs though and nowadays accountants overrule designers.

Those new Mk7 alloys are definitely 'marmite'.

I thought that VW had adopted the evolutionary ethos onboard a long long time ago. It's just that the Porsche body shape lends itself better to evolutionary designs.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:53:50 am by RedRobin »

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 10:16:07 am »
My view:

Loved the MK5 GTI instantly when it came out.

When the MK6 GTI came out I felt an instant 'want' for it from the press photos. Loved it. This was compounded upon seeing it in real life.

Upon seeing these pictures of the MK7, I feel no attachment to it whatsoever. It looks plain, boring, too conservative, just has no character/appeal. Interior is nice though, I'll admit!

Still bemused at how short the lifecycle was of the MK6, almost a waste of time if you ask me.

2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 10:25:41 am »
Still bemused at how short the lifecycle was of the MK6, almost a waste of time if you ask me.

The "Mk6" was actually a "Mk5.5" which VW only released to massively cut the construction costs of the car, not that the consumer saw any of that saving :p.

The only cars I've ever felt lust for which were attainable were the Ed30 and any of the Mk6 GTI, Ed35, or R. The Mk7 will Be a good 'in I reckon and the interior is nice. I'm not the biggest fan of the external styling tho.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 10:37:50 am »
LOADS OF REAL LIFE PICS HERE, FOLKS! (sorry to shout this out)

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24

:happy2:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 10:55:57 am »
If you look at the picture of the blue GTI it would appear that Hurdy was right and the wheels aren't directional. That's a shame, such a small thing spoils it...
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2012, 11:29:08 am »
RR those pics are great, cheers!

It has grown on me already so much. Love those alternative wheels and the red stripe through the lights is really, really cracking.

They'll have no problem shifting them, that's for sure! Classy car.
'07 Red manual

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2012, 11:39:18 am »
I think the Mk7 GTI is a 'marmite' car. There are obviously some strong features in its body styling - Some I love but others I really dislike. We each will have our own strong likes and dislikes.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2012, 11:45:12 am »
Wow those pics are great. As I suspected...it has grown on me already and looks brilliant in the flesh :happy2:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:48:24 am by Kalpsn2000 »
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2012, 12:01:04 pm »
Is it me or is the battery wrapped in some kind of cardboard type thing?

Also, why is the oil filler cap so far to the left?

Still love the rims but the interior has some weird pattern rather than piano black which I thought it had. I think I like everything about it except the front end - which is what I said for the renderings of the MK7 Golf.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2012, 12:25:31 pm »
It's growing on me, not that I would be able to buy one until it was about 5 years old

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2012, 01:05:24 pm »
Full VW Press Release here:

Volkswagen’s all-new Golf is making its motor show debut this week in Paris, with the seventh-generation of the evergreen model displaying a new look plus new technology, engines, safety and infotainment features. But no Golf line-up would be complete without the iconic GTI.  That’s why Volkswagen has also revealed a concept of the GTI Golf on the stand alongside the standard hatchback.

The new Golf GTI, which is set to go on sale in mainland Europe in early 2013 and the UK in summer 2013, is powered by an advanced engine from the existing EA888 series: a 2.0-litre turbocharged direct-injection petrol engine with 220 PS (10 PS more than the current Golf GTI).  For the first time in the car’s history, the GTI will also be available, direct from the factory, with a ‘performance pack’ which will boost the car’s maximum power to 230 PS. 

In the entry-level car with 220 PS, maximum torque has been increased by 70 Nm to 350 Nm – the same as the previous Golf R – which gives impressive flexibility and in-gear acceleration.  The new Golf GTI concept with 220 PS has a zero to 62 mph time of 6.6* seconds and a top speed of 153 mph; add the performance pack and maximum power rises to 230 PS, top speed to 155 mph, and the sprint time falls to 6.5 seconds.

Adding the 10 PS pack not only enhances performance but also handling, with front brake disc diameters increased, plus a front axle differential lock which reduces power-related understeer.

But the GTI’s power does not come at the cost of fuel economy or emissions.  Both GTI versions will be equipped with a standard Stop/Start system, and fulfil the EU-6 emissions standard that takes effect in 2014. With a six-speed manual gearbox, the GTI is set to return 47.1* mpg (an 18 per cent improvement over the Mk VI), with carbon dioxide emissions of 140 g/km.  A six-speed DSG gearbox is available as an option for both power levels.

Both GTI models also benefit as standard from a variable ratio steering system which, in essence, allows the driver toturn the car through a desired radius with smaller movements of the steering wheel.  While conventional steering systems work with a fixed ratio, the new Golf GTI operates with a variable steering ratio which reduces steering input perceptibly when manoeuvring and parking. On twisting country roads, the driver experiences a benefit in dynamics due to the more direct layout.

Naturally, the new Golf GTI also benefits from all the technological advances of the standard seventh-generation Golf, such as reduced weight, new safety systems including multi-collision brake and innovative infotainment systems.

The new Golf GTI concept is distinguished by numerous external and internal styling features, including red brake calipers, honeycomb grille with double red stripe detail, smoked LED rear lights and LED licence plate illumination and chrome 80 mm diameter tailpipes.  Inside, tartan sports seats, a flat bottomed steering wheel, GTI golf ball gear knob and GTI-specific red ambience lighting hark back to cars of previous generations while remaining completely up to date and refreshed for the new generation.

I like it. Saving for my Edition 40 already!!  :happy2:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2012, 01:05:38 pm »
It's growing on me, not that I would be able to buy one until it was about 5 years old

Love the Option wheels  :drool: (assume 19's which is a shame  :sad1:) wish the option wheels were 18" and std fitment, HATE the red line through headlight  :sick:, love the cloth interior (and the rest of the interior except for that crappy e-handbrake), I really dislike the full leather option, looks boring as hell!.

I also like the small Red/chrome GTI badges on the side, MK2 anyone?

Lower bumper part on rear needs colour coding and smoothing out (No need for Hex pattern on rear, its just harder to clean  :grin:), (Hoping that will be done on ED40) Red looks good  :happy2:, White  :drool:, blue  :sick:

Taken from press release:-

Adding the 10 PS pack not only enhances performance but also handling, with front brake disc diameters increased, plus a front axle differential lock which reduces power-related understeer.

Well 10ps is not gonna make us smile anymore but the increased size of brakes and Diff Lock will come in handy for when we go stage 2+ on them  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:11:36 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2012, 01:22:42 pm »
LOADS OF REAL LIFE PICS HERE, FOLKS! (sorry to shout this out)

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24

:happy2:

Fantastic link Robin! That Blue 5 door....PHWOARRRRRR , I friggin want that car NOW! :drool:
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)