Make a donation

Author Topic: Subaru WRX Sti  (Read 2133 times)

Offline TIGER-UPPERCUT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Subaru WRX Sti
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 11:16:57 am »
Had one loved it UK STI modded upto 360BHP.  Black car, black wheels, dark tints looked a real mean thing and went like stink. :driver:

Echo much of what LouCyffer has written although lots of good indys around.

Loudness on motorway can be sorted dependant on what exahust you have but the release the power its going to be noisy!  Some exhaust are stupidly loud other are not so.

Good forum scoobynet

Sold mine as lost access to a garage, its not the sort of motor you can leave outside your house unless you live in a nice area, you couldnt with mine anyway.

Evos are a better car but more expensive to insure, clutch doesnt last long and worse than the scooby on mpg.

I saw a new 62 plate the other day loooked really well and seem to be a good buy at the new reduced price.  However if I was spending £24k ish would be a used M3 V8 DCT for me.

2006 GTI - KWv1 - Poly Fronts - K&N Panel Filter - RTech Stage 1

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • vRS blog on Pistonheads
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 09:06:51 pm »
I enjoyed mine while i had it  -  awesome grip, fantastic seats, great noise, super rare (never saw another one!).

.. but, lousy ride quality, and even on trying hard on the "eco" map it still ran low 20's mpg.  ouch.  List was 32k IIRC and i sold it less than a year old for 24. 
2012 TSI vRS: H&R monotubes, S3 arms, H&R rARB, Neuspeed RSe07, Brembos, MFSW and a few other tweaks..  PH Blog:  http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?carId=191311

Offline TIGER-UPPERCUT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 11:01:30 pm »
I enjoyed mine while i had it  -  awesome grip, fantastic seats, great noise, super rare (never saw another one!).

.. but, lousy ride quality, and even on trying hard on the "eco" map it still ran low 20's mpg.  ouch.  List was 32k IIRC and i sold it less than a year old for 24. 

I like the look of them
2006 GTI - KWv1 - Poly Fronts - K&N Panel Filter - RTech Stage 1