Make a donation

Author Topic: Sound deadening  (Read 2007 times)

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
Sound deadening
« on: October 13, 2012, 11:22:49 am »

Hi all,

After my audio upgrade (three ways at the front)  i have a lot of panel rattles been looking on ebay abd found this stuff to deaden the door cards with as that is what is rattling!

I found this stuff on ebay  its priced reasonable 10 sheets only 2mm thick 20 quid delivered  or shall i get the skinz stuff off squeek in essense you get 3 more sheets  from the link one but then again skinz is probably better and 10 pound more am also conscience of adding too much weight to the doors they already feel heavy hence why the ebay one looked good for the price and thickness of 2mm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-VAN-VEHICLE-SOUND-DEADENING-PROOFING-PADS-SHEETS-10-/220649059457?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item335fb57481

any thoughts

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Re: Sound deadening
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 03:08:38 pm »
We should have gone ahead and fitted more Skinz sheets to the door cards as I mentioned before that I was going to do on my car. Just unfortunate your budget didn't stretch that far then. I can get you some Skinz mate. Will call you to discuss how to best go about sorting out the rattles / resonance in the door cards. Still need to find some time to do mine too. Not so much rattles, I expect, as resonance from the bass in the doors, lol.

The link you posted looks like the standard stuff they put in cars from the factory. Skinz will give better dampening of the resonance which is what you ideally want to do.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members