Make a donation

Author Topic: iPhone5 vs Samsung S3  (Read 1727 times)

Offline dominikpee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
iPhone5 vs Samsung S3
« on: October 16, 2012, 07:19:37 pm »
Ok im finally getting my upgrade on my contact phone. im stuck between the two phone stated (iphone5 & S3)
I currently have a iphone 4 but i wanna be different on this next upgrade does any have a samsung s3!?!?

IS THE SAMSUNG 3 THE BETTER PHONE??   :mad:

Dominikpee

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: iPhone5 vs Samsung S3
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 07:21:02 pm »
Jesus... This should be fun.

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
Re: Re: iPhone5 vs Samsung S3
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 07:25:50 pm »
N95 ftw

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 07:26:29 pm »
Let the apple fanboy vs. fandroid battle commence  :fighting:
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:28:00 pm »
If u love facebook and Twitter and piss about on iTunes etc get a iphone if u want an all in one streaming torrents flash mobile pc get a Samsung ave had both and S3 pisses on iphone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 07:35:01 pm »
^^ U herd it ere 1st

Offline benj1989

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 07:42:42 pm »
I want a iphone 5 as a next phone but my gf has a S3 its very good does loads of stuff. Iphones have much better games tho.  Id say get a iphone because i want one but id say try each one out firdt to see what you like. Hopefully no one will argue over what phone they think is better 'cos that's lame.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 07:44:42 pm »
It's going to happen though :wink:

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 07:48:16 pm »
on a grown up note  :laugh: I did have a look at the IP5 when considering my upgrade and it looked decent enough, however the major factor that put me off was that I had a go with my friends' workmates who proceeded to tell me he was paying £46 per month plus an extra tenner per month for insurance! sh*t the bed, for the minutes/texts/data I could have got an S3 / One X for around £32 a month if I'd haggled a bit. No matter how good the 5th iPhone is, I don't think its worth paying over 1100 quid over a 24 month contract  :confused:

mind you, some people might think I'm mad for paying 12.5 k for a 2008 car when I could have got an Astra VXR of the same age for 2/3 of the money  :grin:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:50:11 pm by john87 »
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline Peppermuncher

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 07:57:06 pm »
Here's a spanner for you!  :grin:

Nokia Lumia 800 Windows phone, I've had one for over a year and its a cracking phone. I don't like android, always looks a cheap rip off the iphone to make it worse i can't stand iphones. Don't know why, just don't!   :confused:

Let the abuse begin.  :scared:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 07:59:27 pm »
here we go again :popcornsoda:

Offline Andy_Ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 08:00:29 pm »
I had a s3 for about 3/4 weeks.
Sold it and got my self a iphone5.

The s3 is a great phone I just missed having a iPhone.

I wouldn't say that one is better than the other, just get what ever you like the most.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 08:13:37 pm »
I went from a 4S to an s2 to and iphone 5 and back to the s2.  For me I just preferred the 4.3" on the s2, the overly long iphone display felt awkward in use and even though I've had every iphone since launch, I found going back to it after android it felt a little basic, designed for people new to technology but for myself it felt like i was using software with parental controls all over it.

Shocking as I'm the biggest apple fan boy out there and my work colleagues really enjoyed that fact. 

I'd give the s3 a go although I'd wait for the black version to come out.  Make sure you download swift key 3 though as the standard keyboard is very poor after the iphone one!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 08:27:41 pm »
You have to play with both to get an appreciation. I can't stand Android. All the menus have no conformity. Back button does random things depending on the app/screen.

Ive had iPhones since the 3G. I'm certainly not new to technology with my job what it is. But my iPhone just works without me having to piss around with millions of widgets. I also have an apple ecosystem I like with iTunes/iPad/Timecapsule and MacBook.

I tried Android, hated it. So I'll stick with my iPhones for the near future. But it's all about preference.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 09:43:20 pm »
Phones are down to personal preference at the end of the day. I have had the enjoyment of owning iPhones (3 & 4). Currently have an S2. Took a while to get used to it but really do like it now. Was thinkin of getting the iPhone 5 but as I recently bought an iPad (which I love) I will be keeping the S2 until the 4G S3 comes out. Also save the cash as I can probably get the S3 from work for free at next contract renewal and stick to my sim only plan.

I went from a 4S to an s2 to and iphone 5 and back to the s2.  For me I just preferred the 4.3" on the s2, the overly long iphone display felt awkward in use and even though I've had every iphone since launch, I found going back to it after android it felt a little basic, designed for people new to technology but for myself it felt like i was using software with parental controls all over it.

Shocking as I'm the biggest apple fan boy out there and my work colleagues really enjoyed that fact. 

I'd give the s3 a go although I'd wait for the black version to come out.  Make sure you download swift key 3 though as the standard keyboard is very poor after the iphone one!

Great shout mate :happy2: Just downloaded it on my S2 and on first impressions its seems much better than the standard one.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦