Make a donation

Author Topic: M6 unmarked R32 warning  (Read 5156 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
M6 unmarked R32 warning
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:48:54 pm »
A friend of mine posted this on another forum.
On the M6 & M6 toll between Junctions 12 and 1 there is a Steel Grey VW Golf R32 unmarked Police Car

Registration BU08 BKO.

It has a Motorsport sticker on the back and Blacked out rear side windows complete with the optional lighting pack.

I am sure that most, if not all, are law abiding citizens but lets be careful out there folks.

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
Re: M6 unmarked R32 warning
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 10:51:05 pm »
Yeah ive seen this a few times on the side of the M6!

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:53:14 pm »
There is also the Black R32 unmarked car in Warwickshire reg BX58WVT, very discreet with its lights hidden on the parcel shelf which pop up and also some small lights on the bottom sides of the back bumper!

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 10:55:42 pm »
yeh a couple of people mentioned to me about R32's and even GTi's but im really carefull with the speed limit and i've never seen one myself. how do we know if its undercover to let people know? do they have bluetooths on or something silly!?!?  :signIWS:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:59:25 pm »
They can be quite easy to spot if they have pulled someone over on the side of the road and have the lightshow running.

Failing that it would be the extra lights and hi-vis jackets.

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 11:00:06 pm »
I always find the stab vests and the radios on the shoulder quite a good giveaway but i am always observing everyone and everything around me.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 11:05:43 pm »
Yep saw the Grey R32 today on the M6 while I was on the phone to Flora!  :laugh:

I've also seen this car a few times on the M42 and recently followed it after it left Coleshill Police Station!  :wink:

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 07:39:41 am »
the grey r32 is around that area quite a bit. also there is a black subaru, black st focus and silver skoda ocktavia vrs in the same area
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 06:19:22 pm by NEWEY »

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 04:36:47 pm »

Personally, I prefer the unmarked cars - The drivers tend to follow you and assess your overall driving and then use some discretion. Nothing much to fear unless you're being silly.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 04:40:36 pm »

Yep saw the Grey R32 today on the M6 while I was on the phone to Flora!  :laugh:

....I know you've got hands-free but I really do wish that the Police would have a blitz on mobile phone users while driving. They need the book throwing at them! It's far more dangerous than a focussed driver in a performance car who is just doing 85 in safe conditions.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 04:53:39 pm »
The drivers tend to follow you and assess your overall driving and then use some discretion. Nothing much to fear unless you're being silly.

They certainly do follow and use their discretion - I know, I used to do it !  Infact, most use a huge amount of discretion otherwise they'd run out of tickets very quickly.

Not fair forces using R32's when mine only gave me a 530d  :sad:

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 04:57:37 pm »

I really do wish that the Police would have a blitz on mobile phone users while driving. They need the book throwing at them! It's far more dangerous than a focussed driver in a performance car who is just doing 85 in safe conditions.

Most do hammer people on phones - it is one of those things that people never get a warning for .... unlike speeding when quite alot of discretion is generally used.

One of my guys did about 10 speeding tickets last year but 300+ mobile phone ones ... which I was more than happy with !

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 05:15:04 pm »

Most do hammer people on phones - it is one of those things that people never get a warning for .... unlike speeding when quite alot of discretion is generally used.

One of my guys did about 10 speeding tickets last year but 300+ mobile phone ones ... which I was more than happy with !

....That's good to hear! It just shows how many people ignore the law on mobile phone use - Scary.

A mate of mine (who still is a marked car guy) pulled up alongside a bloke at traffic lights in his marked car and the bloke was chatting away on his mobile. My friend (in uniform in the passenger seat) glared at him to get off the phone and was going to leave it as a friendly verbal warning without a stop (both windows were down - A sunny day). But this bloke glared back and said "What the f*ck are you staring at!?". So on went both the blues and two's and he was told to follow and pull in. They threw the book at him and quite right too! They checked everything!

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 07:14:32 pm »
so the moral of the story is dont be a tosser  :laugh:

oh and i dont use a mobile so im clear on that one and wouldnt do over 90 (thats the speed of my motorway to work i try and go a lot less normally for economy) i hate it when your driving along with everyone else doing 80-90 and then some peenarse in a 4x4 comes right up your arse (maybe i shouldnt have said that, sounds a bit queer!) eejits!! respect thy fellow road users  :happy2:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 07:18:53 pm »
so the moral of the story is dont be a tosser  :laugh:

Yep !