Make a donation

Author Topic: close shave  (Read 1091 times)

Offline dan930

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
close shave
« on: November 02, 2012, 12:13:07 pm »
Was on the way to work at around 10.30ish this morning..went up on the m3 motorway & there was a Volvo estate with a bike rack carrying a bike on its roof...he was zooming past me on the fast lane doing well over 100mph then slowed down to my pace at around 80mph(I was in the middle lane)..he looked over to me thinking if I wanted to play..I wasn't intreasted so I ignored him..he moved over to the middle lane just in front of me & slowed down a bit thinking I will take over but I didn't...after a few minutes he must got the idea that I don't want a race etc etc so he stepped on it,a few seconds later I was shocked to see his bike falling off his bike rack & flying towards me..I swerved to the fast lane & nearly hit the central barrier...I was well lucky...but the car behind me wasn't ..that guy driving a Volvo is a bloody twat..

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
Re: close shave
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 12:18:40 pm »
Hope he stopped and is getting his comeuppance?

Who'd rag it with a bike on the roof anyway? This was always going to happen, plus it creates so much drag!
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 01:00:36 pm »
What a cock!  lets hope he got 6 points for loosing his load, and you got new pants for loosing yours  :signLOL: seriously though well done for not biting and for as best a reaction as was possible.

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
Re: Re: close shave
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 02:31:56 pm »
I'm glad your ok and didn't rise to this idiot. Unfortunately people see a gti and automatically think you want to race through intimidation or whatever. There are some proper twats on the road these days.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk 2

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 03:47:49 pm »
^^^^
Well driven, Dan  :happy2:

People who behave like that are bound to be dangerous.

Did you see what happened to the vehicle behind you which you think got hit? Did the Volvo driver stop?

You could always contact the Police and offer your account as a witness and they'd be able to trace the incident if reported. M3 cameras might have picked it up too.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 04:54:05 pm »
^^^^
Well driven, Dan  :happy2:

People who behave like that are bound to be dangerous.

Did you see what happened to the vehicle behind you which you think got hit? Did the Volvo driver stop?

You could always contact the Police and offer your account as a witness and they'd be able to trace the incident if reported. M3 cameras might have picked it up too.

The twat stopped on the hard shoulder..after a few minutes I see two traffic officers zooming past on the other side..I think it was a focus that got hit..

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 05:49:48 pm »
^^^^
So I think we can reliably assume that the incident will be investigated.

Up to you of course but making a Statement about what you witnessed would be helpful if you contacted the Police. Twats like that need their come uppance, IMO.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 06:00:30 pm »
^^^^

Up to you of course but making a Statement about what you witnessedwould be helpful if you contacted the Police. Twats like that need their come uppance, IMO.

^^^this. :happy2:
Serious stuff like this reqiures a serious response from the police and the more evidence they have against the twat in the Vulva,the better chance they can nail him to the wall and remove his testicles driving licence.

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 10:11:22 pm »
^^^^

Up to you of course but making a Statement about what you witnessedwould be helpful if you contacted the Police. Twats like that need their come uppance, IMO.

^^^this. :happy2:
Serious stuff like this reqiures a serious response from the police and the more evidence they have against the twat in the Vulva,the better chance they can nail him to the wall and remove his testicles driving licence.

I called the police & there are investigating it..

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 10:21:57 pm »
yup, is your civic duty to make a statement. do it for queen and country.

then hopefully the CPS will decide to prosecute for careless driving or dangerous driving and the driver of the Focus can sue him under the tort of negligence for damages.

what sort of wank stain wants a race with a bike on the roof? plus, is your gti standard? would you not wipe the floor with a volvo anyway do they have light pressure turbo's like the Saab?
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 08:01:02 pm »
Well done that's good driving.  I must say it still surprises how driving a GTI makes people drive with scant regard for safety.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 08:08:11 pm »
Well done that's good driving.  I must say it still surprises how driving a GTI makes people drive with scant regard for safety.

Cheers for the remarks on my driving but i rather not wish this happened

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »
Well done that's good driving.  I must say it still surprises how driving a GTI makes people drive with scant regard for safety.

Cheers for the remarks on my driving but i rather not wish this happened

I totally understand but the only factor you could control was your driving and you did that brilliantly.  Everything else was beyond your control.  Not wanting to sound insensitive.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)