Make a donation

Author Topic: Mfd, RCd or rns?? Parrot or fiscon.??  (Read 5991 times)

Offline MrDo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 14
Re: Mfd, RCd or rns?? Parrot or fiscon.??
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 11:30:15 pm »
Hi how much did the camera cost? Did you have to change the rear boot badge mechanism too?

scottm72

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 11:36:27 pm »
the camera completely replaces the badge, huge unit, also the mk6 camera does not fit the mk5 until you cut a bit of metal away, this is hidden inside the area though, about the size of a bit of bread,,, then the edges need to be sealed just to keep rust at bay,,, the kit comes with all the cables and you should source it from eddie-nl as he knows these systems, that's where I got mine.
as far as I know not many people have fitted this unit as it is expensive but I tell you what when its done you will not regret it
golfman can fit these and he is based in Dundee
camera was around £350 and fitting will be on top

Offline Slip

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 09:23:54 am »
Just pricing exact same setup myself, not sure whether to do it in stages due to cost or if the hassle's worth it. I've got an aftermarket Parrot to go in of I wanted.. doesn't do BT streaming from my iphone tho

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 09:52:24 am »
The OEM BT is great, and as it uses the HU's amp it gives great sound. It's generally best to do it all in one go if you can as a lot of the same parts need removing to install various items and ideally you don't want to be removing and re-installing the trim all the time. If you get somebody else to do it, it also ends up cheaper on the installation costs due to this.

The other option is a good after market unit which does it all. I'm considering replacing my RNS and OEM BT with one of the new Alpine 928's as they now display on the MFD too, which they never used to do.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 04:53:40 pm by Squeeguk »

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Alltorque

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 07:05:23 pm »
Ok, still a bit confused,,, but might give it while and fit one of those kenwood units, they seem to have the things I need,, still a bit pricey for me at the mo though,..

But,,, thanks for all your advice,,,  :happy2:

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 09:24:02 pm »
The Fiscon kit does A2DP streaming from most bluetooth enabled devices...

couldnt recommend the RNS510 highly enough though...
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

scottm72

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 11:30:42 pm »
The Fiscon kit does A2DP streaming from most bluetooth enabled devices...

couldnt recommend the RNS510 highly enough though...
510 unit dude plus Bluetooth unit supplied by eddie,, I just step in the car and never even touch my phone, start the 510 and straight into my phonebook on screen.
brilliant

Offline Alltorque

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 02:24:00 pm »
Ah, I think I misunderstood that,,,  I was under the impression that the rns510 didn't have Bluetooth,,,,

So it's a module that I have to add??  See, I won't need streaming if the rns has its own built in hard drive,   

Does seem the way to go,,,

So what exactly do I need??? Can I fit it myself???  Will I need any adapters/ different plugs or coding???

Cheers.

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 06:46:11 pm »
You will need an RNS 510 of course, then a BT module. These can be got off of Eddie-NL on here and then fitting is quite simple really, you would need to remove the old radio firstly, then some trim around the drivers side for the BT module and microphone which goes up behind the A pillar and across under the roof lining into the centre section where the map lights are. Then you need to do some coding.

Depending on where you are in the country, a few of us can do it for you.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members