Make a donation

Author Topic: Led tail lights on black Mk5  (Read 18251 times)

scottm72

Re: Led tail lights on black Mk5
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 06:37:28 pm »
Yeah that red bit is the reflector, you either move it from the left hand unit to the right hand one to make it on the drivers side so both lights have to be dismantled. The other option is to remove that reflector from the left hand lens and put a coloured bulb in the right hand lens so you only dismantle one of the 2 units.
nearly there lol, if I remove the red reflector wouldn't I need to replace it with a new clear one then ?
I guess the bulb that comes underneath the red reflector is just a clear one that shows red due to the red reflector

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2012, 06:40:44 pm »
I don't believe you do but it's best to ask kalpsn2000 as he has modded his where as I bought mine pre modded (2nd hand on here)

scottm72

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2012, 07:00:33 pm »
I don't believe you do but it's best to ask kalpsn2000 as he has modded his where as I bought mine pre modded (2nd hand on here)
thanks for that, I have pmd him, once I find out I will source stock, wish I could just buy them pre done lol like you

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2012, 12:57:33 am »
thanks for that, I have pmd him, once I find out I will source stock, wish I could just buy them pre done lol like you

I am not 100% sure either as I also bought mine pre modded off Eddie on here.

But I think if you want both clear then just remove the red lens from the nearside light and then put a red bulb in the offside one.

Maybe check with Eddie-NL as I got mine off him.

Regarding the coding, you have to disable the rear light cold lamp testing to prevent the risk of the LED bulbs blowing. But you can still use the lights without this (I currently am) until you can get someone to code that via VCDS.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline nathangallo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Re: Led tail lights on black Mk5
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2012, 10:21:10 am »
Here is my mates set on his R

What an amazing reg plate!

scottm72

Re: Re: Led tail lights on black Mk5
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2012, 03:43:50 pm »
Here is my mates set on his R

What an amazing reg plate!
would be very interested in trying to source these ones but still waiting for a reply from last e-bay seller, have pm-d eddie to see if he can supply the European ones, thanks for your help guys

Offline saadn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2012, 11:19:06 am »
I must say, after a bit of thinking I've decided to stick with the R32 style ones; they give the car a cleaner look IMO. This guy is selling em for €219+€15 for shipping. He says they're original Valeo but are LHD. I can get these and do the fog light switch, no? Will i need to vagcom anything?  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121010289196?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

For those interested in the LED ones, there's a guy on eBay with the ID xvw-de who says he's selling them for €307 plus shipping. Now, the thing is he is no longer selling items on eBay and goes he'll send you a paypal payment request, you pay him and he'll post the lights. He does have a lot of positive feedback so seems like a respected seller. Here's a link to him. http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/xvw-de?ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:GB:1181