Make a donation

Author Topic: R32 Rear Opinions  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Wolf Burger

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 15
R32 Rear Opinions
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:46:23 pm »
Ok, after much searching I have finally managed to get my hands on a R32 rear bumper in black at the right price.

I have received lots of help from people on here in the past so value your opinions.
I got the bumper at a good price being that it had no reflectors and no exhaust trim.

Options

1.) Get a standard R32 black trim section and go with a R32 style twin exhaust (Anyone selling the R32exhaust trim?)
2.) Smoothed look with no exhaust and use the SRS TEC exhaust trim with no outlets (Anyone done this and what did you do with the exhaust tail pipes)
3.) Standard side exhaust and SRS TEC trim with side exhaust outlet.
4.) Smooth the bumper with no reflectors or go with reflectors (Anyone selling the reflectors)

Ok Fire away 

Golf Mk6R 2011- Rising Blue- Manual-
Modifications-
E-Tuners 361 BHP - 350lbs
Revo Intake
Bilstein B16 & H&R ARB's
Team Dynamics 1.3
18Z Porsche BBK
RNS510 with Focal Speaker upgrade
MK6 Recaro Heated Buckets
Cruise Control
Highline Reverse Camera

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: R32 Rear Opinions
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 09:23:07 pm »
Combination of 2 and 4 would look good imo, very clean look. I think you could use the TDI back box as the pipes bend downwards

Offline Wolf Burger

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 10:27:57 pm »
Combination of 2 and 4 would look good imo, very clean look. I think you could use the TDI back box as the pipes bend downwards

I like the look of that Nodz just wish I could source the no tailpipe section in the UK

Would the TDI box be ok?
Modifications-
Revo Intake
Bilstein B16 & H&R ARB's
Team Dynamics 1.3
18Z Porsche BBK
Cruise Control
Highline Reverse Camera

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 10:32:35 pm »
There are importers of srs tec stuff to the UK but they tend to be for the BMW's rather than VW.

I would think the back box would be ok as people use the GTI box on the TDI but I'm sure someone else would be along to confirm

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 11:13:14 pm »
Id swap my TDI Box for your GTI one  :P Not sure if its a straight swap or a little job for an exhaust garage (most likely) I would go for a smoothed (2) And with the reflectors as there a really nice touch, and only about £20

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 01:11:54 am »
My personal preference would be number 1. But then I love the R32 rear end and that's why I have done option 1 myself :happy2:

Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 02:09:16 am »
Option one for me.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline wattso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 05:02:30 am »
Sorry to hijack thread with a question but it's related and would seem silly to start a new thread.

So I'm planning on getting an r32 look rear bumper. Just have a couple of questions:

1/ If I get these:

- 1K6 807 433 C GRU - R32 Primed Rear Spoiler (correct name)

- R32 Reflectors to snap into the above part - Approx £3 each.

I then need to buy the exhaust valance insert bottom bit, I haven't decided between the r32 style which I think is this 1K6 807 568 9B9 - R32 Exhaust Trim Satin Black, or the same as shabba168, which is standard dual exit exhaust.

Does anyone have a part number for that insert?

Am I missing anything or would this cover everything needed to fit?!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 07:43:32 am »
If you went for the r32 exhaust then it would be from the dealer, unless you wanted carbon fibre or something different. Also you would need the towing eye cap for the lower part if it didn't coke with it. IIRC the exhaust trim is known as a lower spoiler or something like that.

For any other exhaust combination, i.e single, twin (gti style), dual (mk4 r32 style), quads, clean look (tdi), then the only trims you can get are aftermarket ones from srs-tec.de or osir. :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 10:02:35 am »
If you went for the r32 exhaust then it would be from the dealer, unless you wanted carbon fibre or something different. Also you would need the towing eye cap for the lower part if it didn't coke with it. IIRC the exhaust trim is known as a lower spoiler or something like that.

For any other exhaust combination, i.e single, twin (gti style), dual (mk4 r32 style), quads, clean look (tdi), then the only trims you can get are aftermarket ones from srs-tec.de or osir. :happy2:

Good point as you can see on mine it's currently missing. I will be off to the stealers in a bit to pick one up before the parts department closes!
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline wattso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 11:48:53 am »

Many thanks, wouldn't of thought about tow eye.
Will get a quote from steeler!

I've read somewhere about left and right clips? Do I need to order these as well?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 12:06:43 pm »
^^^^
I cut a hole in my OSIR carbon exhaust trim (Volkswagen call it an 'exhaust trim' and the part above it the 'rear spoiler') and leave my tow eye fitted - It doesn't protrude beyond the vertical body line:

^ My exhaust trims are now different from this pic.

The 'TOW->' markings have to be on for trackdays, insisted by some circuits.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:09:04 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline StephenED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 53
  • Edition 40 No 135
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 12:13:52 pm »
Fitting guide is here with all the part numbers, may be a little out of date but dealers should be able to come up with the latest numbers from them.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3754634

:happy2:

Offline Wolf Burger

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 05:23:55 pm »
I think that I am going to try the smooth look.
(Can always go with the R32 central pipes later if I decide it doesn't look right)

My inspiration is this really

Back then to the question that I have asked, What do I do with the exhaust?

Anyone in the Derbyshire area that could perhaps remove the tailpipes and revise them with a down turn exit?

COME ON GUYS I'm inches away from starting my build thread here  :jumpmove:
Modifications-
Revo Intake
Bilstein B16 & H&R ARB's
Team Dynamics 1.3
18Z Porsche BBK
Cruise Control
Highline Reverse Camera

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 10:54:41 pm »
I think that I am going to try the smooth look.
(Can always go with the R32 central pipes later if I decide it doesn't look right)

My inspiration is this really

Back then to the question that I have asked, What do I do with the exhaust?

Anyone in the Derbyshire area that could perhaps remove the tailpipes and revise them with a down turn exit?

COME ON GUYS I'm inches away from starting my build thread here  :jumpmove:

Oh god, Wish i hadnt clicked this thread again. Ive gone from wantign an R32, to GTI to standard (TDI) back end, to seeing this again  :drool:

The only problem is the smooth insert is so expensive isnt it? From SRS Tech.

Back to the task at hand, Wolf I take it your driving a GTI? Change the backbox to a TDI one? Would that work?  :grin: :grin: