Make a donation

Author Topic: Rear Valance  (Read 9397 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Rear Valance
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 11:00:54 pm »

Sorry one more thing do parking sensors in any way effect the fitting of a new valance??

....Parking sensors are usually in the upper section of rear, so no.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 12:01:56 am »
i have never been a fan of Parking sensors-always makes me thing the drivers can't reverse properly :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 01:37:12 am »

i have never been a fan of Parking sensors-always makes me thing the drivers can't reverse properly :signLOL:

....It's a subject which has been much debated. I have found them very useful sometimes in 'seeing' things which aren't obvious or which simply aren't visible to the naked eye. I don't care what other people think about me for having them - I have them solely for my benefit and no-one else's.

:happy2:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:04:39 am by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 01:43:01 am »

dont get me started  :grin:

bloody sissy sensors  :fighting2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 09:09:17 am »

....And so where does the Mk6 reversing camera fit into your judgements, guys?

:evilgrin:

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 10:36:27 am »

Having seen it in operation I think it's cool and when it goes to bed it hides behind the badge....very thunderbirds... :happy2:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline darkforces

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 05:12:29 pm »
Hey Guys personally i never have any use for the sensors ,It was just that they were on the car when i bought it ,they were not gonna stop me from buying the car.other extras inc rain sensors ,leather ,sunroof  and a bridget ...
cant win them all.. :signLOL:
Dont think the missus ever uses the sensors either ...wish she never used the car in general tbh...

Offline darkforces

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 05:14:57 pm »
VW quoted me 340 Quid odds + vat for the ed 30 rear ....

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 03:41:20 pm »
Was the £340 for the whole rear ie top and bottom sections? Or was that just the lower valance? Why is there £300 of a difference? Are they made of gold FFS.

Offline VeeDubDan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 05:02:27 pm »
The other option is to get your standard valance colour coded.  Paint the majority but leave the part below the curved line bare plastic.  Would look good and save you a fair bit.

Offline darkforces

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 04:43:46 pm »
spoke to vw today qouted me 45 quid for the standard which would fit .They said the edition 30 would require the full top and bottom sections to be changed ,they said edition 30 valance woulod not fit the standard gti heeence 340 quid odds .Is this total nonsense i cant believe that to be honest.What the guy said was after he put reg in the computer it gave him  the model of all the valances that would fit .Edition 30 was not one of them..any ideas.. :confused:

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 05:15:31 pm »
I thought all valences would fit the top section :-(

I've got parking sensors in the top section of mine and hoped either to change my abt quad valance for the r 32 with the cf insert ala robin or the ed 30 and get a new milly. 

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 09:25:41 am »

Having seen it in operation I think it's cool and when it goes to bed it hides behind the badge....very thunderbirds... :happy2:
got me thier Red Robin,i like the idea of the camera in the mk 6 as you can't see it,think reverse sensors spoil the look of the car-if we all liked the same thing,the world would be a boring place :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 10:44:12 am »

got me thier Red Robin,i like the idea of the camera in the mk 6 as you can't see it,think reverse sensors spoil the look of the car-if we all liked the same thing,the world would be a boring place :happy2:

....I wholeheartedly agree about us not all liking the same thing etc, but do wish that some were as honest as you and admitted they just didn't like the look of reversing sensors rather than the sissy comments. I guess that people like that are somewhat over concerned about what others might think of them.

:smiley:

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 04:15:40 pm »
spoke to vw today qouted me 45 quid for the standard which would fit .They said the edition 30 would require the full top and bottom sections to be changed ,they said edition 30 valance woulod not fit the standard gti heeence 340 quid odds .Is this total nonsense i cant believe that to be honest.What the guy said was after he put reg in the computer it gave him  the model of all the valances that would fit .Edition 30 was not one of them..any ideas.. :confused:

Thats not correct.  I fitted an ed30 bumper to my standard gti top half.  All golfs have the same top piece