Make a donation

Author Topic: Widest front/back wheels to fit ED30?  (Read 5913 times)

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
Re: Widest front/back wheels to fit ED30?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 11:13:29 pm »
Haha neither! Its at vw hq atm as the dealer in st albans I went to couldn't find anything wrong, although they broke it in the first place! There most certainly is though!

My offer definately would be enough as haven't got much cash lying around but we'll see.

I take it you want that wide stance on your Ed30....which when done properly looks sweet as?

Oh that's good then, what did they do?

Well I'm look for wide stance and grip. Being stage I already and it's an animal!
Will be going stage II very soon! Intercooler came this morning so all is well and hopefully tbe later next week.

Tbh I'm stuck between stance and performance but I love both lol!

You can juggle both-ish. I'm told my car has a good stance but if stopped at the back will look even better. Its probably my wheels/camber but I topped 125 on the track before I went "this is too sketchy to continue". Stage 1 Ed30 will be better than mine...mines fast but just feels too heavy. Stage 2 will be a lot better hopefully. How's the move from the r32 to the gti?

Vw in a routine service managed to forget to tighten numerous bolts across the engine bay resulting in them flying across causing damage to various parts. "we cantnfind anything wring" they said!
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 11:27:51 pm »
Haha neither! Its at vw hq atm as the dealer in st albans I went to couldn't find anything wrong, although they broke it in the first place! There most certainly is though!

My offer definately would be enough as haven't got much cash lying around but we'll see.

I take it you want that wide stance on your Ed30....which when done properly looks sweet as?

Well I'm look for wide stance and grip. Being stage I already and it's an animal!
Will be going stage II very soon! Intercooler came this morning so all is well and hopefully tbe later next week.

You can juggle both-ish. I'm told my car has a good stance but if stopped at the back will look even better. Its probably my wheels/camber but I topped 125 on the track before I went "this is too sketchy to continue". Stage 1 Ed30 will be better than mine...mines fast but just feels too heavy. Stage 2 will be a lot better hopefully. How's the move from the r32 to the gti?

Vw in a routine service managed to forget to tighten numerous bolts across the engine bay resulting in them flying across causing damage to various parts. "we cantnfind anything wring" they said!

Yeah that's what I'm going to do hopefully :)

Yeah stage I is mad! Well I had a stage II MKV GTi before the r32 so it's not so bad. The r32 just sounded amazing! We're ATM my MKV I'd standard apart from map, but as I said wont be long :)

My stage II GTi made about 270bhp that was bluefin though not like mapping! My ed30 currently on bluefin but will go love map when go stage II and III
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 11:36:58 pm »

Yeah that's what I'm going to do hopefully :)

Yeah stage I is mad! Well I had a stage II MKV GTi before the r32 so it's not so bad. The r32 just sounded amazing! We're ATM my MKV I'd standard apart from map, but as I said wont be long :)

My stage II GTi made about 270bhp that was bluefin though not like mapping! My ed30 currently on bluefin but will go love map when go stage II and III

Sounds wicked yours and just from a map! I did love the r32 and the miltek exhaust - you just wanted to drive fast to hear it! Just got to get stage 2 sorted now to complements the looks of my golf.

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 11:58:48 pm »
Yeah it's good fun, yeah I know what you mean! That R32 used to do 160+ easy!

Yeah if you got the looks gotta have the power ;)
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 07:49:09 am »
Makes me wanna go back! Rapid as it was. I'm notneven sub 5 seconds on the 0-60! Things will be changing though!

Gotta have the power - damn straight. None of this replica rubbish haha!!

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 06:46:43 pm »
Makes me wanna go back! Rapid as it was. I'm notneven sub 5 seconds on the 0-60! Things will be changing though!

Yeah exactly, mine was running 400bhp my R32 ;)

Yeah replicas are just for wheels haha

Joe.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 08:30:43 pm »

Ahhhhh makes me want it back now! Sounds like one beast of a golf. Bet it looked the part aswell.

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 09:18:50 pm »

Ahhhhh makes me want it back now! Sounds like one beast of a golf. Bet it looked the part aswell.

Yeah I thought about a mk5 one but there just so expensive to tune!

Yeah had front mount hanging out the front lol

Not long and MKV will look the same lol

Joe

Joe.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 10:39:19 pm »

Joe

Oh I need to see that! I swear my stance effects the ESP as on a DRY corner it kicked in and I got no power. Arghh.

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 11:34:18 pm »

Joe

Oh I need to see that! I swear my stance effects the ESP as on a DRY corner it kicked in and I got no power. Arghh.

Yeah that's quite possibly but you never know! What area of colchester you from?

Joe

Joe.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 12:02:13 am »
I just turn it off half the time now! Does no end of good trying to get places. Not in colchester anymore altho not too far away - just across the border in east herts. Was based just 2 mins from hythe tesco.

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 07:34:22 am »
I just turn it off half the time now! Does no end of good trying to get places. Not in colchester anymore altho not too far away - just across the border in east herts. Was based just 2 mins from hythe tesco.

Oh I see, yeah I rarely have mine on lol.
Oh In the army then?

Joe

Joe.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 08:08:51 am »

Oh In the army then?

Joe
I need to trust my instinct more, No not in the forces although it seems where I live there is some sort of training base/garrison. On not so exciting graduate scheme!

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 12:30:23 pm »

Oh In the army then?

Joe
I need to trust my instinct more, No not in the forces although it seems where I live there is some sort of training base/garrison. On not so exciting graduate scheme!

Yeah best way when driving fast, oh that's good I guess! I enter the world after college no uni for me! Haha

Joe.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 06:32:50 pm »
Yep definately need to just trust the car more. Just with esp off. Got so many things lined up for January....not only for the golf - getting a new job hopefully. Wish I never went to uni, but its opened more doors for me so I can't complain.