Make a donation

Author Topic: Engine start issue  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Kingabzyy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
Engine start issue
« on: December 04, 2012, 02:38:57 pm »
Basically guys I have a 2006 1.9 tdi se. I fitted in a rcd510 into my car last night and I knew that it would cause battery drain but not this fast. Everything on the RCD itself an the car were working fine. This morning I tried to switch on the engine, it started but it started for a second only or less(the rev counter was at 0 and didn't move) and it turned of straight away. I tried several times and still the same, it then threw up lots of faults like ESP and ABS and handbrake sign flashing and a couple others. I tried to jump start with my friends golf but still the same issue. I removed the RCD and put in the old standard headunit. Tried again and same issue, all electrics work such as windows radio and heater. I use my car daily an if any one can help I would be really grateful. Unfortunately i don't have access to VCDS.

Thank you in advance guys. Abzy

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Engine start issue
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 03:44:20 pm »
What exactly is your question?
You'll see lots of dash warning lights if your battery voltage is too low. Once your battery has enough voltage then a short drive should extinguish the warning lights.
Sounds like you need to get a newer canbus gateway to solve your issue with the rcd510
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Kingabzyy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 05:20:53 pm »
My car starts for less then a second and then turns off again by it self? Tried jump starting all sorts but still the same.  What could it be?

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 05:26:15 pm »
My car starts for less then a second and then turns off again by it self? Tried jump starting all sorts but still the same.  What could it be?

Try using your other key to start the car as it sounds like your immobiliser is kicking in. Is your present key damaged as it may have lost it's transponder.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Kingabzyy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 05:58:28 pm »

Try using your other key to start the car as it sounds like your immobiliser is kicking in. Is your present key damaged as it may have lost it's transponder.

I tried using the other key but its the same thing. Still turns off less then a second later. :(