Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS 510 w/ Modified Firmware, Does it need Coding for MFSW & Highline?  (Read 777 times)

Offline adminkatana

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 6
Hi,

Sorry to make another topic on the RNS 510 & Coding and Battery Drain etc, but I have been trawling through for a while on the forum and other sites unable to find an answer.

I have a MK5 GTI 06 Reg. Im not sure of the CANBus version, but know It will most definitely need replacing. I'd prefer not to if possible.

I have seen some RNS 510's advertised on eBay that are either a Version B with an LCD screen and 1100fw which supposedly doesn't require a CANBus change

I have also seen some RNS 510's advertised on eBay that are a Version C or above with 'Modified Firmware' which again supposedly doesn't require a CANBus change

Does this Modified Firmware actually work? and when switching over from the RCD300 with CD Changer to the RNS will my MFSW and Highline display work without extra coding? If they require coding, can a dealer do this? (I dont know anyone with a VAGCOM and am a bit cack handed when it comes to these kind of things)

Thank you for all your help, I just dont want to shell out a lot of money for something that might need lots of extra work or mess the car up.