Make a donation

Author Topic: How to guide to remove dashboard?  (Read 3663 times)

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
How to guide to remove dashboard?
« on: December 12, 2012, 10:38:33 pm »
Hi guys, know a couple here have done it, but wondering if anyone knows of any threads/videos/guides showing how to remove the upper dash of the MK5, got a project on at the moment and as i'm removing myself on the drive can't afford to botch it.

Thanks

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Re: How to guide to remove dashboard?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 11:05:33 pm »
No guides that I know off. It's all pretty straight forward, just time consuming. start taking all the additional panels on the dash off, including the clocks. Then remove the steering wheel and centre console, you need to remove the covers on the 'oh sh*t' handles as there are more screws there. There are screws hidden all over, in the centre and on the sides. Don't forget to unscrew the passenger airbag before removing the dashboard.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

scottm72

Re: How to guide to remove dashboard?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 12:17:39 am »
No guides that I know off. It's all pretty straight forward, just time consuming. start taking all the additional panels on the dash off, including the clocks. Then remove the steering wheel and centre console, you need to remove the covers on the 'oh sh*t' handles as there are more screws there. There are screws hidden all over, in the centre and on the sides. Don't forget to unscrew the passenger airbag before removing the dashboard.
sh*t that sounds a daunting job -  :confused: good luck to you mate