Make a donation

Author Topic: Clutch Problems- Sticking (2.0 BKD)  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Harpreetsingh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Clutch Problems- Sticking (2.0 BKD)
« on: December 17, 2012, 10:22:22 pm »
Hey Guys

ive had a quick look through the topics that are on this forum as well as a few others but wanted to know if i could get a response from yourselves concerning a problem im having

Ive recently encountered a problem with regards to having a sticky clutch pedal. this was apparent even while the car was in neutral, while depressing and releasing the clutch pedal it would stick quite often making changing gears that little bit more difficult. I Decided to get the Master Cylinder replaced and everything seemed ok. Soon after that, while changing gears ive noticed the pedal is reluctant to come back up upon release. For example, this weekend i was going around a roundabout in London and after i changed gear my clutch pedal was still on the floor!!!  :confused: I had to physically bring it back up with my foot.. a little worrying to say the least.

So ive read on a number of different posts its the DMF issue (no suprise there!) But according to the service history i had with the car, Wayside Towcester Volkswagen had recalled my car in February 2010 for this problem and had it replaced. The only problem im having is that the pedal is a little sticky and doesnt always come up as quickly as id have hoped (isnt a regular occurance...yet!) The bite point is the same and doesnt alter, nor do i get any sounds or squeaks when im changing gear. All the gears slot in fine and i dont feel any strange vibrations its just the sticking clutch im getting. Does it sound like i need a whole new clutch system or just a new Slave Cylinder?

I appreciate that most things need to be viewed in person before you can make a judgement but any professional folk out there, or anyone that can help are more than wlcome to push some idea's forward!

Many thanks in advance guys :D