Make a donation

Author Topic: Mirror folding problem  (Read 1148 times)

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Mirror folding problem
« on: December 23, 2012, 08:09:39 pm »
Hi there people! Right had a strange moment last night, well after driving to London to see winter wonderland I filed my passenger side mirror in.

When I came back to the car and unlocked it the mirror went backwards, but because I pushed it in when the mirror went outwards it's now facing right out wards, but of I try to pull it back it won't lock into place just wobble about.

For some reason the mirror only locks into place when it's facing right out. I have no idea what's happened or how to fix it, but it's really bugging me. Because now the mirror just wobbles about as it's not like slotted into place.

Any idea anyone?

Thanks, joe.
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Mirror folding problem
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 02:15:51 pm »
No worries it's cured it's self lol

Joe
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline Leach76

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Mirror folding problem
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 02:49:51 pm »
This happens when fitting new electric mirrors a lot also,for say if the mirror is in the folded position and you unfold it by pushing it the motor hasnt moved as such so thats why its floppy and moves around and doesnt lock in to position,you normally have to send them out and in or vice-versa to get it to the point it was last time to sync it

Phantom black S3,Giac stage1 & Evoms intake