Make a donation

Author Topic: Performance Car show NEC 12/13 January, any going?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
Performance Car show NEC 12/13 January, any going?
« on: January 03, 2013, 11:57:35 am »
Anyone going to this?
Seems alright
http://www.pistonheads.com/show/
http://www.autosportinternational.com/public/

Bit of a question to you Brummy regulars, is it worth taking the train or driving to NEC on a busy Saturday?
Looking at the train prices it's probably cheaper to drive and park! But will the traffic be mayhem?

Offline Rachael

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: Performance Car show NEC 12/13 January, any going?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 12:05:21 pm »
The NEC on a busy Saturday is manic. I'd say catch the train, will be heaving probably but saves you having to faff around with parking and traffic. I don't think parkings that cheap either!

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 02:07:50 pm »
Cheers, I was kinda hoping peeps would say take the car.
Car parking is £10 for one for all, or £20 for VIP.  When considering the cost of 3 train tickets, it still comes out cheaper to drive and park VIP.

Offline Rachael

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 02:31:00 pm »
When my friends went to the clothes show they said if u don't pay the £20 you can't go back out to your car! How true that is is beyond me.

It's a car show so yer just take your car will be more fun than the train  :smiley:

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 05:30:54 pm »
Our lot are there on the 10/11th. It's a good trade show, same every year really.

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 11:49:33 am »
Our lot are there on the 10/11th. It's a good trade show, same every year really.

Great, looking forward to it now. :smiley:

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 12:35:35 pm »
Only just seen this thread and yeah me and a few of my friends will be going but on the Sunday though. I'm planning on driving there but hoping to get there for around 9am also so we'll have to just see what the traffic is like when we get closer :)

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 01:17:19 pm »
How did u find the show?  Some very tasty girls and motors there.

The pre-event caterham donut course made a few people look a bit green on the way out  :grin:

The Monster truck donutting was ace, and unbelievably / floor shakingly loud... did you catch that?

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 01:28:40 pm »
I went and enjoyed it immensely. Been 4 years on the trot now. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 09:50:12 pm »
I also went and enjoyed myself so much I'll be going again next year. It was also good to speak to quite a few stands, especially Shark Performance :)

One thing I didn't enjoy tho was getting told off by a woman who looked to be in her 40/50's with her older and very well dress husband I'm guessing and her son who was about 13. Me and my friends were talking whilst watching the live show, asking what had happened etc at times where there had been things in our line of sight, the lady turned around and told my brother and friend to shut up and we didn't need to talk when watching a show. My brother apologised and she went mad, getting very angry and a little abusive telling us things like her son is better behaved than us and that if we didn't shut up she would stand up in front of us so we can't see the show haha I felt like telling her that her son is also better behaved than his mum but I but my tongue. It's not like we was in a cinema or talking when anyone else was talking. I doubt us talking meant she couldn't watch or hear the monster truck doing it's thing etc.

Shame the husband n son seemed to keep well out if it, maybe they realised how petty and over the top she was being!

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 10:22:49 pm »
Daft cow, the show was so feckin' loud there's no way you were stopping her hearing stuff.

As strange as this sounds, I had some dumb bint push me twice on the shoulder quite forcefully as she said she couldn't see when I was using my iPhone to record stuff, took me by surprise; if it was a lad he may have received something back for the trouble... but I just moved the phone down a bit - christ 99% of people were recording and snapping shots all over the place, you just get on with it, not have a hissy fit. :stupid:

Other than that, great day, I'll be back next year. :happy2:

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 10:32:36 pm »
Haha there's always some people like that though and it seems we had to find them both!

It made me laugh when she said it's impossible to watch something and talk at the same time. Then she got annoyed when I said I'd just look around her if she stood up in front of me but the people behind me probably wouldn't be happy with her.