Make a donation

Author Topic: Audi rs3  (Read 9489 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Audi rs3
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 05:25:27 pm »
Ha, there's plenty think exactly the same of the RS3 :wink:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 05:45:42 pm »

stuff

....So does an engine sound on a quality computer motorsport sim game sound good, but not as good as the real thing.

WTF is this EU ruling on cabin dB? Surely they don't want drivers to feel caccoon'd and isolated and therefore more prone to falling asleep or not hearing what's going on with other road users around them?

The lack of cabin noise is something I really disliked about the OEM Mk6 GTI - When I first switched the engine on I couldn't tell if the engine was actually running.

All this is beginning to make me think that I'm gald that I'm growing old and won't have to live through what drivers (those who love driving) will have to put with in the future.

Cocooned and insulated is exactly what they're after, Robin. Couple that with things like radar guided cruise, lane departure warnings, blind spot indicators, auto headlights/wipers - there's not going to be much left to keep the driver alert.

The noise is at least a recording of a genuine engine, rather than a computer generated version. Small mercies eh?
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 06:10:24 pm »

Cocooned and insulated is exactly what they're after, Robin. Couple that with things like radar guided cruise, lane departure warnings, blind spot indicators, auto headlights/wipers - there's not going to be much left to keep the driver alert.

The noise is at least a recording of a genuine engine, rather than a computer generated version. Small mercies eh?

....Oh dear! Imagine how you would react when driving if the sound recording got out of sync etc  :rolleye: - Regardless of what vehicle you drive, the feedback a driver gets from hearing his/her engine/exhaust is a very real driving aid.

I bet they'll be adding a marshmallow ride to the over insulated caccoon. Pink Floyd were right....... They want to make us all Comfortably Numb! Yuk!! This makes me feel quite angry  :laugh:

If you've got an engine such as the one in the RS3, surely you want to hear it. I give up! I think I'll be keeping my car until I leave this planet.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 06:17:00 pm »
Ha, there's plenty think exactly the same of the RS3 :wink:

Looks better then the bimmer

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 06:18:52 pm »
Looks are subjective.

Jesus, it's like being in a playground...
Sideways yo!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 07:20:14 pm »
I personally think the M135i is stunning, and prefer it to my facelift 123d. I will be getting one as my next car!!

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2013, 07:50:17 pm »
I think everyone's opinion & taste is different..I like it but you might not

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2013, 08:59:33 pm »
Driven an RS3 a few times and currently running my second TTRS, which is an S-Tronic plus version.

The engine is a complete masterpiece and mated to the 7 speed auto it is fantastic. Stage 1 map on an S-Tronic has been proven a number of times to do 0-60 in 3.1 and 0-100 in 7.1. Your not gonna get many cars that go that fast without spending 100k plus. The under steer issue which everyone bangs on about is complete tosh. Stick a set of super sports and your rocking, you'd have to be driving like an absolute nob to get under steer. I've done numerous track days in my old one and it was fantastic on track.

I think the RS3/TTRS are a performance car bargain at the min, yeah the body is old and the interiors are slightly dated, but once you have experienced one of these mapped you forget about all of that.

Seriously...they can really do 0-100 in 7ish sec from a stg1 map

They do indeed mate, this is a stage 1 S-Tronic TT-RS, granted not an RS3 but performance is comparable. This same car has produced them figures using v-box.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAiNs-7tUmk
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2013, 09:01:51 pm »
Not that I'm doubting the RS3 is capable of it, but isn't it a fair bit heavier than a TT-RS?

By god it sounds good though.
Sideways yo!

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2013, 09:07:29 pm »
I think it is a bit more lardy, not sure exactly how much. But I don't think there is a huge difference in performance when in a similar state of tune. It's just mental performance for £650 notes.

My current RS is not mapped where as my old one was stage 2, it feels woefully slow. A map on these cars is a must, they feel quite ordinary without it.
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2013, 09:21:26 pm »
One of my mates has got his hands on a mapped RS3 and we had a runround last week. Managed to eat a whole tank of fuel but jesus it was worth it. Killed a VXR and a EVO 7 on the way. Wow is all I can say. Interior etc etc can all be changed and tbh, apart from plugging my ipod in, I was too focussed at either looking ahead or the speedo!

Definately on the cards in a few years when insurance is be less than my monthly salary!

:driver::rolleye:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:25:15 pm by jonnym »
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2013, 01:44:21 am »
I went to a Vw dealer today to see a golfR & it did look pretty good,I thought the arches were more swollen but it was parked next to a mk6 Gti & it looked the same apart from the bumpers & grill..the interior looked very nice & a big improvement over the mk5..Next door was a audi dealer so I went next door & they had a black rs3,tbh it looked like a normal s3 but maybe it was black in colour that camouflaged the front bulged arches & big bumper..Anyway I sat in the car & the interior is so so..looks dated compared to the golfR & the satnav looks VERY dated too(no touch screen)..didn't test drive both as it started to snow..might go & look at a white rs3 when the weather is better

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013, 02:17:04 am »
I went to a Vw dealer today to see a golfR & it did look pretty good,I thought the arches were more swollen but it was parked next to a mk6 Gti & it looked the same apart from the bumpers & grill..the interior looked very nice & a big improvement over the mk5..Next door was a audi dealer so I went next door & they had a black rs3,tbh it looked like a normal s3 but maybe it was black in colour that camouflaged the front bulged arches & big bumper..Anyway I sat in the car & the interior is so so..looks dated compared to the golfR & the satnav looks VERY dated too(no touch screen)..didn't test drive both as it started to snow..might go & look at a white rs3 when the weather is better

Having actually had a proper look round my mates one I agree. His is silver and the huge front/back bumper is very obvious and tbh not to everyones taste. The black as you say probably covers most of it. Jury's still out for me tho and doesn't really make it look more aggressive either. Someone mentioned chavved up - well I wouldn't go that far but between 1 and 10 maybe a 3/4.

He was moaning about having to put in a aftermarket double din stereo / sat nav but did make a huge difference from the standard. Again agree on the interior. I previously said I didn't really mind but actually spending time looking and sitting made me question the whole concept. Its not 100% in keeping with the sleek new design and not proportionate to the performance. Maybe they guessed those that buy it have money can change the interior. I don't know.

Mk6 gti is lovely from what I've seen at shows and I remember when they launched it thinking that is awesome. I bet white will be stunning tho - stock white S3 looks the biz already so interesting to see ifthe rs3 matches and what you think.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:30:11 pm by jonnym »
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2013, 03:51:59 am »
I'm still 50/50 on which car to choose(R or rs3) but as the current prices are at the moment it's around 8-10k difference..
let's see how much they drop in price when June-July comes then we will see
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:53:31 am by dan930 »

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=uch0qujdomvrhtgot9r305n8d3&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2013, 09:49:31 am »
Playing engine noises through the speakers????? What the FFFFF!!!!